Gotta Get Some New Crew!

Bruce the Postie

G'day all,

Well the deckie pulled out late yesterday evening and buggered me up as far as going outside was concerned.So i thought that i would duck down to The Entrance and have a crack at reducing the local whiting population.

Away i go armed with a few Beachworms and my little wading outfit and as it was a little bit overcast at first sighting fish was a bit difficult ,but in no time i had the first two keepers in the net.A short while later the sun stuck it's head through the clouds and i could see fish everywhere.There were shcools of Whiting ,Lano Mullett and big Bully Mullett milling around the sand flats picking up morsels dislodged by the current.

So over the next couple of hours i had a thoroughly enjoyable time wading around in the shallows casting worm baits to the feeding masses of fish, with the end result being a tasty feed of Whiting fillets,and the resolution to find some keen and reliable crew for my outside fishing trips.

Picked up a couple of snaps just for the hell of it.

post-5510-126664658919_thumb.jpg

post-5510-126664660626_thumb.jpg

post-5510-126664663731_thumb.jpg

post-5510-12666466657_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1266646690_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1266646706_thumb.jpg

post-5510-126664672906_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Nice session Bruce... good way to spend a day as a 'fall back' :thumbup:

It can be frustrating finding other crew that are as mad keen on the same kinds of fishing. When you find them, then the trick is sorting through the ones that outfish you all the time and finding the ones that make you look good. Unfortunately, my regular crew regularly outfishes me... and makes sure I hear all about any fish I lose. Actually, come to think of it, how would you like mine!! :074:

Cheers, Slinky

mate thats a great feed of whitting i must say being a chef

those fillets never last long in the cool room they sell

like hot cakes ............ or it could be i always tast

three or four just to make sure they are fit for my

customer

Some nice whiting there Bruce, I went over the bridge on Sunday while my "crew" was taking me for his driving lesson, looked like fantastic conditions.

I cant seem to get my young bloke out of bed before midday so am often in the same boat (or usually not in it at all). If you are after any crew I am more than willing to come along to help etc and willing to pay my way. Send me a pm if your interested. I also promise not to outfish you, though you might be better of with slinkymalinky :074:

Cheers

Steve - Copafisher

Mate what a beautiful spot to fish it looks like the water is pretty clear to .Great catch of whiting , im dreaming of whiting burgers right now ! Have you tried poppers ? One of my favourite types of fishing , caught heaps on big white poppers , would give it a go next time your out , it's great when you get a pack on your lure and they are all fighting for it . One thing I have learn't though is to use an extremley light drag and big trebles are good to , easy to get out of their mouths , and they don't usually end up with all 3 hookpoints in their mouth. Good luck for next time and congrats on a great bag of fish .

Bubba

G'day Bubba,

Yeah,it's not a bad spot to have as a back up when things don't go to plan and it's only 5 mins down the road.

Picked up a couple of poppers at the tackle shop the other day,clear plastic fishy things that are all the rage in the lake at the moment,i'll give 'em a go tomorrow 'arvo and see how things go.

Whiting burgers hey,will have to give that a go,i turned these ones into crumbed Whiting,lettuce, cheese and sweet chilli sauce sanga's.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Edited by Bananaphobic

One thing I forgot was the retreive , keep it constant and fast , don't pause just keep it popping and with speed , the best fish semm to get there first more often then not , love a whiting burger with a little citrous mayo , ohhh yeah.

Good luck with the poppers .

Bubba