Sydney Harbour Bream And Blue Swimmer

350chev

Hi Raiders,

It's been some time since ive been out for a fish or posted, mainly due to work :thumbdown: . Anyway went down to balmain

to see if i could catch a feed. Ended up with 3 nice bream, 2 going 35cm and 1 thumper going 43cm :biggrin2: .

I was about to call it quits when i noticed some weight on one of the rods. To my suprise i brought up the biggest

Blue Swimmer iv'e ever seen, it was huge :1yikes:. It went 75cm from tip to tip. If anyone has caught or seen i bigger

one id love to see a pic.

Cheers and tight lines raiders :thumbup:

post-11636-126670482191_thumb.jpg

post-11636-126670523238_thumb.jpg

hi dan 76 we often get nice size ones like that on the rods off chiswick and grenwich wharf where me and my son caught a whopper last year but didnt measure it but i will from now to see if we can better yours ,i can hear the water boiling in your pot right now :thumbup:

Nice catch there mate ,well done .

Just wondering if were you land based or in a boat ?

Also where they caught on biats or lures etc ? If your going to get a feed like that then you will have to get back out there more often :thumbup:

Hi Dan,

They were caught from the shore, i was using prawns and plenty burley

Bream were great on the bbq and that crab was as sweet as honey

Cheers mate

good work dan im local round balmain hope to see you around

was that a night fish

Hi Kenny,

I caught them in the middle of the day tide was running out. Ive also caught a 4.5kg 75cm kingy from the same place

i was using chicken gut and 6lb line unbelievable :1yikes: might see you there one day

ill post some pics of the kingy and some other fish

cheers

post-11636-126708188233_thumb.jpg

post-11636-126708202721_thumb.jpg

Looks like the place off to the right of Elliott St?

Be wary of the water quality there, there's been a lot of run off around Iron Cove due to the bridge works, a lot of sediment being stirred. Lots of white chemical crap coming out of outlets as well.