Nice Kingies

fishmaniac

Headed out fishing on friday with a good mate of mine in search of kingies. We fished some inshore reefs around the heads again and managed around 15 kingies. Most were undersized and we only pulled 2 legal fish around 68cm.

My mate started questioning why i was runing such heavy drag that anything under 70cm could not even pull line. The question was answered on saturday with this fish.

post-6215-126674657206_thumb.jpg

It went 108cm and 10.5kg. My second bigest kingy and second kingy over a metre. I was stoked!!! We also got another fish at 78cm, 3 undersized fish and one bustoff.

After reading other posts it sounds like there are a few big fish around at the moment.

top fish mate .... well done

Sunday we were on the water a bit earlier and managed a good squid haul.

Seemed pretty quiet everywhere but found some fish out round the heads.

First smoked before I knew it. Then got a 84 and a very fat 88 .... happy chap.

Jo then got dusted big time on heavy spin drag...pretty funny really, holding on for dear life!

alex

Very nice kingies mate.

I can only dream of one that size as they always seem to smoke me on moorings.

Might just have to lock up the drag and try that. Last time i did that i couldnt get the bloody rod out of the holder and by the time i did i could feel the braid rubbing on a mooring and it was all over in seconds.

Cheers

Well done alex on getting onto some nice fish. You'll have to get Jo onto some nice kingies soon.

Zenman, I always hold my rod so i can react instantly when a get a take. I also downrig in freespool so i can put the boat in the direction to giving me a chance prior to hookup.

I went out today and the fishing was a bit slower. Down south head way. Managed 7 kingies with 3 legal fish going 68cm, 72cm and 73cm. Below is a picture of one. All fish were released to grow a bit more. Some blokes in a hire boat were astonished when i put the kingies back, it was quite funny.

Some blokes were jigging the whole time and caught nothing. They were only interested in livies and you had to work for the fish.

post-6215-126683528785_thumb.jpg

15 in one session It would take me probably 1 year to catch that many!!!! well done I just hope I can catch something like that landbased hahahahah dreaming I think good work anyway You Raiders on the boats all seem to cleaning up at the moment great to see.

Regards,

Nathan