My First Bonny

steze

I headed down to Gerroa with my father this afternoon and also met up with a fellow raider by the name of Victor. Not long after my setting up i casted my first line using a pillie and i managed to pull up my first bonito. It didnt feel that heavy until the end where it started running towards the sides and gave me a bit of a fight. The swell wasnt too bad today but was kind of windy. I tried fishing with a live yellowtail and something took a big bite out of it but didnt manage to bite onto the hook :( .. My father also caught a few tailors and some pike. Long story short is my first bonito was fantastic, being gutted already it weighed 2.1kgs which is a personal best for me. Too bad the tailors didnt come in this evening otherwise i would of stayed a bit longer but im satisfied with the bonnie. I dont have working camera so there are no pics (apologies) but i assume alot of raiders have caught or seen what a bonito looks like.

And it was also very nice to meet another fellow raider who is just as keen as me into fishing.

dsc00210cm.jpg

Steven.M

Edited by steze

Well done Steve thumbup.gif the fish looked like a 4kg model how long was it????

I dont have anything to measure the fish with, so im not exactly to sure. Im guessing in the 60 something cm . or below. Not sure . But it weighed 2.1kgs

I dont have anything to measure the fish with, so im not exactly to sure. Im guessing in the 60 something cm . or below. Not sure . But it weighed 2.1kgs

Any way it was a nice fish there should be plenty of more Bonito for you to come biggrin2.gif

Give me a buzz if you wanna go out again mate

Hi Steve

What size Glow sticks where we using at night see our floats with. They worked heaps good i wanna buy some of my own

Hey Vic, We used size 75 that night. You can use size 50 but i find 75 is just alot easier to see.

well done steven mai...

should take me with you next time.. its me alex btw ahahah

nice fish man..

Alex! hahaa. i didnt know you were on fishraider. I generally go on the weekends depending on the weather.. Your more then welcome to come mate