Nice Harbour King Sunday 21St

kingiemaster

Howdy

Have been out a few times over the last 6 weeks only to either pull hooks or catch a handfull of rats.

But that changed yesterday when my mate boated this 90 cm model.

Got it right beside and under the wave buoy at quarantine. Was about to give up on this spot as I have never caught anything here. Live calamari did the trick whilst it was landed thanks to game outfit filled with 50 lb mono and my boat handling and gaffing skills. I might not have caught it but it felt good to get this fish in the boat as we have been working hard for this fish.

How is it that as the skipper we tow the boat, fill it up with fuel, catch at least some of the squid, drive the boat and find the fish, only to watch mates catch all the fish. Then we go home and spend the afternoon packing up and cleaning the boat by ourselves! Nevermind its still fun watching and helping friends get onto fish.

KM

PS sorry about the photo. Was taken on my iPHone in a hurry. That black bar on left is my finger not editing as Quuarantine is hardly a spot X.

post-3858-126680412238_thumb.jpg

post-3858-126680425474_thumb.jpg

Edited by kingiemaster

Good on ya Dave.

Glad you got on to a decent fish. I feel your frustration on the pulled hooks (or for me bust offs) and i know the excitement when you finally get a decent one to stick. BIG baits have worked well me for at Quarantine...

Will keep an eye out for you on the water - although i was in a mates boat yesterday. I will probably be out in mine next Saturday.

cheers

Jim

Nicccce fish mate :thumbup:

I think everybody has there own ways of doing things. Take ourselves, I(Dan) and Greg have lived together and fished together on Sydney harbour for over 7yrs, not including the time on the water in our Dads tinny as teens. YET when it comes to clean up, Greg does most of it, its his boat, his rules, and his way of doing things. Which is fair enough, we all have our habits, all he asks is to clean the esky, stow and stack any fish brought home, and bring a cold beer to him when Im done if he is still putting the boat away into the garage.

Dan