Where To Install Fuel Tank

Anroco

Howdy all...

As my fishing trips are fast becoming more and more adventuress,given the experience i am gaining, and seeming though i only have a 25L plastic tank, i am thinking about getting a fuel tank under the floor installed/ made so,1 i can carry more fuel and 2 make more room towards the rear of the boat.

Now a few questions...

* Install more towards the front (say under the seat) or more in the middle of the boat?

* Alloy or Stainless? (am guessing alloy simply for weight)

* In floor filler or up on the side?

* Guessing baffels are the go to stop "TANK SLAP"

* Does anyone know someone that can make and have them tested accordingly?

Any additional info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Will post pic's as soon as the :wife: arrives with the camera of the 2 floor locations i am thinking of.

CHeeRS

Antun

Now a few questions...

* Install more towards the front (say under the seat) or more in the middle of the boat?

* Alloy or Stainless? (am guessing alloy simply for weight)

* In floor filler or up on the side?

* Guessing baffels are the go to stop "TANK SLAP"

* Does anyone know someone that can make and have them tested accordingly?

CHeeRS

Antun

Towards the front is better from a weight aspect but from a volume aspect a location around the center of the boat would be better so it becomes a bit of a balance between weight & volume.

Stainless is better but there are a lot of boats fitted with Aluminium as Alum is lighter & the material less expensive

On the side is more convienent but difficult to know how much fuel is in the tank. In the floor allows the use of a dip stick.

Fuel gauge may be an option but not sure how to calibrate to a custom made tank

Baffles , Nice to have , nor sure if they are esential.

Talk to Gary at Serious Stainless. I understand he only has stainless available but he may be able to put you onto an Aluminium fabricator.

Huey from Huett Marine may also know someone

Geoff

Towards the front is better from a weight aspect but from a volume aspect a location around the center of the boat would be better so it becomes a bit of a balance between weight & volume.

Stainless is better but there are a lot of boats fitted with Aluminium as Alum is lighter & the material less expensive

On the side is more convienent but difficult to know how much fuel is in the tank. In the floor allows the use of a dip stick.

Fuel gauge may be an option but not sure how to calibrate to a custom made tank

Baffles , Nice to have , nor sure if they are esential.

Talk to Gary at Serious Stainless. I understand he only has stainless available but he may be able to put you onto an Aluminium fabricator.

Huey from Huett Marine may also know someone

Geoff

couldn't have said it better