Polycraft Marlin

winki

G'day raiders this is my 1st post apart from a few replies.. Last weekend took my mate out to try and get he's 1st Marlin seeing he has been trying for a few years with out success. We headed out to the Shelf in rough conditions, lucky it started improve through the day because my mate nearly chucked his heart up! To his credit he never asked to go back in, about 11am we hooked a striped on lures but it threw the hooks..

After covering a lot more ground and a few more chucks over the side by my mate, we hooked up again on live bait about 5pm, a nice stripe about 80kg. All worth it in the end.. I've added a couple of photos. Cheers Matt... :thumbup:

post-13056-126751359381_thumb.jpg

post-13056-126751362159_thumb.jpg

Mate, 10/10 bravery, i bet you did not know there was a tsunami warning. With this rough condition, how long did it take you to get out and get home?

Mate we had showers in the morning and wind gust to 30knots ENE on a 2m swell, it took about 3.5hrs going out to cover 60km. On the way back it only took 1.5hrs as you can see in the photos the ocean got heaps better. I look forward to some nice weather for a change.. Cheers Matt :thumbup:

Mate we had showers in the morning and wind gust to 30knots ENE on a 2m swell, it took about 3.5hrs going out to cover 60km. On the way back it only took 1.5hrs as you can see in the photos the ocean got heaps better. I look forward to some nice weather for a change.. Cheers Matt :thumbup:

Excellent effort on the Marlin, Committed :thumbup: I am amazed at these Polycrafts being able to shoot out to the shelf for a Marlin session like that and then literally fly back in again :1yikes: Matt, what size Polycraft would that one be?

Cheers

jewgaffer

top effort guys i bet the heart was racing the whole journey being in a small boat like that but non the less u were rewarded with a nice fish!!! :thumbup:

very interested to know boat size and motor might have to start taking my tinny out there :074:

Im also curious how big the boat was and also what size engine you got on there?

Hey Steve it's a 4.55 Center Console with a 60 Yamaha, I love it.. I can't think of any bad things to say about the boats except when it rains in a center console you get wet but fishin is a water sport I guess.. :thumbup: Cheers Matt

top effort guys i bet the heart was racing the whole journey being in a small boat like that but non the less u were rewarded with a nice fish!!! :thumbup:

very interested to know boat size and motor might have to start taking my tinny out there :074:

Hey mate maybe I should of had a big boat like yours out there, I used to own an 11ft tinny with a 9hp and headed out 30km jigging kings and chasing Dollies.. the Polycraft seems like a big boat to me after getting a pounding in the tinny. Polycraft is a 4.55 Center Console with a 60 Yamaha... I've chased Marlin last year by myself and had a few double hookups believe it or not.. chaos.. trying to put gimbal belt on, steer boat and handel two rods, great experience..one rod from now on.. :thumbup: Cheers Matt

Hey mate maybe I should of had a big boat like yours out there, I used to own an 11ft tinny with a 9hp and headed out 30km jigging kings and chasing Dollies.. the Polycraft seems like a big boat to me after getting a pounding in the tinny. Polycraft is a 4.55 Center Console with a 60 Yamaha... I've chased Marlin last year by myself and had a few double hookups believe it or not.. chaos.. trying to put gimbal belt on, steer boat and handel two rods, great experience..one rod from now on.. :thumbup: Cheers Matt

That is intense Matt and some nice fish to boot.

I have fished for dollies from my tinnie with a 15hp but i don't know about heading out 30km as I have had the hulls crack at the location of welding in two different tinnies.

Have yuo caught any other marlin out of the boat this season and do you fish out of sydney?

Andrew

That is intense Matt and some nice fish to boot.

I have fished for dollies from my tinnie with a 15hp but i don't know about heading out 30km as I have had the hulls crack at the location of welding in two different tinnies.

Have yuo caught any other marlin out of the boat this season and do you fish out of sydney?

Andrew

Hey Andrew I've been fishin for the last 3months on Norfolk Island, just got back 2 weeks ago, I caught 1 beeky in my mates boat and 1 in my boat.. looking forward to the next few months, I normally fish off the Central Coast or Port Stephens. I do sometimes go down long reef chasing reds and kings but not to often.. My tinny done the same as what you said, just split down the weld..thats why I ended up getting the Poly.. Might head down Browns in a few weeks, have to see what the weather does.. :thumbup: Cheers Matt

hay matt

thanks for getting me my first marlin

I learnt ages ago if your going fishing and its not your boat you come home when the owner wants too I have to say that the weather wasnt the best but we know that we have had worse and the poly handles it well but you have to know what you are doing

greg

hay matt

thanks for getting me my first marlin

I learnt ages ago if your going fishing and its not your boat you come home when the owner wants too I have to say that the weather wasnt the best but we know that we have had worse and the poly handles it well but you have to know what you are doing

greg

Hey good stuff, good to see you signed up boy.. I just wish I took a few photos of the burley going over the side :puke: .. that would have been great. talk to you later :thumbup: Cheers Matt

well done matt its good to see you let someone else grab the rod and bring it in,how come when i go out with you im not aloud to touch the rods :glare: .good fish greg nice to see you stuck it out(i dont think you had a choice)and got rewarded cheers luke

well done matt its good to see you let someone else grab the rod and bring it in,how come when i go out with you im not aloud to touch the rods :glare: .good fish greg nice to see you stuck it out(i dont think you had a choice)and got rewarded cheers luke

Yeah I know you can catch your own fish :1fishing1: ..good luck this weekend, the weather is not going to make it easy :1badmood: .. have fun anyway :biggrin2::thumbup: . catch ya later.