New Rod And Reel *suggestion And Comments Plz*

helLo guys i ended up getting a GTO 340 LD with spectra color braid from online shop all together 350. friend sed spectra is a good quality brand but wen i put on the reel, i soaked the braid in water and reeled it and coloring came off :S

Do people here know much about the GTO 340?

helLo guys i ended up getting a GTO 340 LD with spectra color braid from online shop all together 350. friend sed spectra is a good quality brand but wen i put on the reel, i soaked the braid in water and reeled it and coloring came off :S

Do people here know much about the GTO 340?

Shame about the colours washing out of the spectre avoca mC. I can't say that I know the brand of the reel you bought, but let's hope that it isn't one of those powerful internet reels where you give it your best but the spool won't stop letting out line when you cast and you get spooled in mid air just as the sinker stops.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 3 weeks later...

i think that must have been one of those unbranded reels off a well known auction site..

I dont know how the reels go but i can shed some light on the braid.

I bought 500m for roughly $6, it was nice to use for the first month then went to shit...

At that price you can afford to replace it that often and id rather use that than good mono.

The colouring comes off alot of braids. Nothing to worry about.

I've never heard of the reel. :wacko:

Cheers,

Grant.

Edit. Be careful with purchasing unknown brands from online shops. They are usually crap.

I bought a heap of lures years ago & ended up throwing the whole lot in the bin. When I complained to the seller he sent me some knife jigs that were just as bad. No good for a PELAGIC! :biggrin2:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...