Avoca Beach Today

DGF

Hey guys braved the weather today had the day off work so i went up to avoca beach conditions were not so bad as i arrived around 11:30am chucked in a pillie under a float first cast landed a nice 45cm bonito, put it out again and the weather was starting to take a turn and it was starting to get pretty choppy.

anyway left the pillie under the float keeping an eye on it and while waiting i was spinning some mack bait lures and some plastics had a few follows and hits on the plastic looked like mackrals chucked the mack bait back on casted out as i let it sink i was watching my float started reeling in the mack AND BANG HUGE HIT... maximum drag setting on my Exceller (9kg) and this thing was PULLING IT like a freight train i tried to stop it pulled back up etc.. by this stage its taken few hundred metres i manage to tame it a bit bring it in closer n i see a green/yellow stripe n it was HUGE and i think to my self YES MY FIRST KING ON A LURE AND my would of had to be more than 1metre long and then it goes for yet ANOTHER massive run peeling my drag like it were nothing and finally spits the hook :( i dont think ive been that upset in a LONG time haha but oh well :P always next time (at least i hope)

while i was fighting the king i also lost a bonito on my other rod with the pillie but didnt care as i was busy with somthing bigger n better :P n lost both haha

ended the day with just that one bonny after 2-3 hrs of fishing

Hi Aaron

By the way you explained the fight and runs you had on your lure it sounds like you hooked a Northern Blue fin tuna.

They are travelling down the coast at the moment and i think you hooked one because Kings do short runs ie 50m or less towards the bottom normally.

Any way it sounds like you had a fun day :yahoo:

Yeh was great :D might have to go again on sunday :D

Customcasting; Spinning with 30lb braid with 40 lb fluro trace

as for the excitement level it was through the roof i was stoked seeing my line peeling off like that i kind of froze up a sec too haha just wish i landed it :D

Mate thats just a bit quicker release than you hoped for :ranting2: .. lucky you did'nt have a mate there laughing at you and rubbing it in :yahoo: that what mates are for... Good work anyway. :thumbup: Cheers Matt

Mate thats just a bit quicker release than you hoped for :ranting2: .. lucky you did'nt have a mate there laughing at you and rubbing it in :yahoo: that what mates are for... Good work anyway. :thumbup: Cheers Matt