Beast Of A Barra

Daniel Frost

Thought i'd throw this one in to as the photo of the dolly seem to go down pretty well .

Caught this at Awoonga when Jewhunter was unable to make it im sure this got him extra keen as he caught up with us on the following week where he Cracked a beautiful meter plus fish in the dying secounds of the trip . This fish was caught in about 2 to 3 foot of water on a white slick rig on the edge of a weedbed , had been anchored for about 4 hours casting all over a point with my mate Mick Took about 10 mins maybe more I have not been that scared before as the fish jumped within a couple secounds of hookup and it was obviously a trophy fish for me and my light gear and leader worried me but did the job eventually and once I landed it my dad and his mate came over to check it out as well , the capture of a lifetime for me , the only way it could have been better was if it was on a popper . Still very good memory of last year .

Bubba

post-10942-126880773438_thumb.jpg

That is a horse Bubba! You fully deserved it after the effort you put in.

Looks like we'll be fishing in a cyclone or flood next week. :ranting2:

I'm not going to rest until I crack the 115cm club to join you in mate. I'll get the horns ready!!

Cheers,

Grant.

Yet another amazing fish Dan :1yikes: Imagine the surface strike on popper of a behemoth THAT size! :biggrin2:

Hodgey

When we started fishing on the first day in the first 20 mins I had a hit on a big river to sea KONG those double jointed swimbaits ,they can be swum really slow and just have their back out of the water. Got a hit it was only about 3m from the boat and it exploded took off and straightened the hook :ranting2: , I was using a 3500HD Custom Certate with 50lb braid and a 30lb spin stick with a bit too much drag on. The lure looked awsome in the water but my mates thought they were under attack from incoming mortors everytime it hit the water :mad3: . Hard to get a soft presentation with a brick . But I hope to get a Barra over 1m on a surface lure one day .

Bubba

OMG!!! That is a HORSE, Bubba!! And to land it on 14lb gear - AMAZING! :1yikes:

,,,,This fish was caught in about 2 to 3 foot of water ,,,, Even more amazing! Her fin would have almost been sticking out of the water!!!

Hope you don't get caught up in any floods when you head north with Max!

Cheerio

Roberta

That is a horse Bubba! You fully deserved it after the effort you put in.

Looks like we'll be fishing in a cyclone or flood next week. :ranting2:

I'm not going to rest until I crack the 115cm club to join you in mate. I'll get the horns ready!!

Cheers,

Grant.

We have a vacancy for a new member in the 115cm Club,

Who told you about the secret horned helmet you get when you make the 115m club? :074:

Will expect to see some photo's before I teach you the secret hand shake !

Hope you smash em up there at Monduran mate , let me know how you go.

Will keep a chair warm for you at the next club meeting!

When you have been casting all day and not even had a hit , remember last trip.

post-10942-126897557689_thumb.jpg

"Sit Down Fat Lady , It's not time to sing !!!"

Bubba

Incredible fish, Dan. I'm very jealous (but hopefully not for too much longer).

What on earth were you doing, throwing lures into Awoonga on 14lb??? :wacko:

Cheers, Slinky

When you have been casting for 2 or 3 days in cold weather and you havn't had a hit :mad3: , you resort to drastic things like a 14lb outfit and 30lb or 40 lb leader :wacko: , also I was fishing a point with a big weed bed so they didn't have any trees to dust me on , not like my trip to Peter Faust where I got smoked on 50lb braid and 80lb leader over half a dozen times in the sticks and went home with no fish , no photo's and my little heart broken :( .

Bubba

P.s. And at Peter Faust my Dad got a 115cm on the last Day .

And DONT FORGET , Boil your plastics.

Good luck at Monduran mate, hope to see you and Grant at the next club meeting!

Edited by Dan BUBBA Frost