Catherine Hill Bay Kings

wacko

Hi guys,

Quick report.

Awesome weather last tuesday. Decided to meet my good mate Mitch up north and have a go at these big kings cruising around Catho.

Got plenty of big live Calamari (which proved very successful) and a few yakkas for bait.

Long story short............hard fishing....only managed 6 kings....but every fish were nice ones... round' 90cm and 1 pushing the meter mark.

Did'nt find the humungous ones that have been lunking around but Mitch got to test his brand new Daiwa Saltist 6500 spin reel. (Passed with flying colours).

Every fish was hooked in very reefy country...5-9mtrs deep...behind bommies.

All fish ate really big squid...yakkas were untouched.

Nice day out. :) Looking forward to Fiji next week!:headbang:

One of Mitch's nice kings:

post-13416-126891193333_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Wacko

Jack's back, with his usual haul of hoodlums :yahoo: Pretty impressive work mate, especially considering the structure you were fishing over! Congrats to Mitch also. Looking forward to your report from Fiji :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies,cheers :)

Yeah, I should'nt whinge.....6 fish is a good session......but the reason I say it was hard, we started our day at 4am and finished at roughly 4pm...so thats approx 12hours on the water (give or take time gathering live bait).......6 kings during that period roughly equates to 1 fish per 2 hours.....still good fishing but a little slow compared to previous sessions. :)

Cheers fellas!

Wack'