Fishing With Beginner

johnny doi

hi raiders,

fished friday night with beginner[nathan] at one of his spots in the harbour.conditions were good,rising tide,couple days after new moon & not a breathe of wind.nath brang some fresh squid & big prawns for bait.plan was to hopefully land a jew.nath started off with a big squid strip on his big rod while i had a little flick with plastics.no good.i riggged up my jew rod & put a squid head out that got picked to peices by tiddlers.in the meantime i was trying to catch live bait for us to use.got a couple yakkas.nath put 1 out on his big rod but went untouched.i put 1 out too but same,nothing.i then decided to slab them up.they got more intrest but only by pickers.while waiting for big baits to go off,i continued fishing for bait & got countless little red & 2 just under bream.i hooked up to a solid 30cm+ bream but when we were lifting it up the couple meters,it swung,hit the wall & snapped the 6lb leader.oh well,s*** happens.other than little fish it was pretty quiet.other people there didnt seem to be having any better luck than we were.

i showed nath how to butterfly a whole bait when the livies died & a technique i use alot.all in all a quiet night but a good night none the less with great company & a perfectly beautiful autunms night.

id like to thank nathan for inviting me out with him[its the 1st time we'v fished together,but have been in contact for a couple wks].your a very nice bloke & i can see you & nyself fishing together quite alot in the future.cheers mate.

we are planing to target jew off the beach later in the week using fresh yakkas,slimys,mullet & squid.we'r gona catch what bait we can & take it to a beach to try convert them into something big,silver & smelly.cant wait.

is there any raiders out there that can reccomend a decent beach to target jew off with a chance of brean,tailor & salmon by catch???any help would be much appreciated.feel free to pm me.thanx for reading raiders.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

p.s.sorry no pics,nothing to take photos of.haha. :074:

Thanks Johnny.. Its always good to fish with other people see what they know and gain knowledge plus meeting new people is always a bonus!!!! Mate there was that photo that I forgot to take where you were trying to bite the line off near the hook that would have been a good one!!!!! anyway next time we will hopefully have some fish to photograph and if not we try again hahahaha that's what it is all about.

Will be in contact with you soon......

Regards,

Nathan

hi raiders,

fished friday night with beginner[nathan] at one of his spots in the harbour.conditions were good,rising tide,couple days after new moon & not a breathe of wind.nath brang some fresh squid & big prawns for bait.plan was to hopefully land a jew.nath started off with a big squid strip on his big rod while i had a little flick with plastics.no good.i riggged up my jew rod & put a squid head out that got picked to peices by tiddlers.in the meantime i was trying to catch live bait for us to use.got a couple yakkas.nath put 1 out on his big rod but went untouched.i put 1 out too but same,nothing.i then decided to slab them up.they got more intrest but only by pickers.while waiting for big baits to go off,i continued fishing for bait & got countless little red & 2 just under bream.i hooked up to a solid 30cm+ bream but when we were lifting it up the couple meters,it swung,hit the wall & snapped the 6lb leader.oh well,s*** happens.other than little fish it was pretty quiet.other people there didnt seem to be having any better luck than we were.

i showed nath how to butterfly a whole bait when the livies died & a technique i use alot.all in all a quiet night but a good night none the less with great company & a perfectly beautiful autunms night.

id like to thank nathan for inviting me out with him[its the 1st time we'v fished together,but have been in contact for a couple wks].your a very nice bloke & i can see you & nyself fishing together quite alot in the future.cheers mate.

we are planing to target jew off the beach later in the week using fresh yakkas,slimys,mullet & squid.we'r gona catch what bait we can & take it to a beach to try convert them into something big,silver & smelly.cant wait.

is there any raiders out there that can reccomend a decent beach to target jew off with a chance of brean,tailor & salmon by catch???any help would be much appreciated.feel free to pm me.thanx for reading raiders.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

p.s.sorry no pics,nothing to take photos of.haha. :074:

Hi mate

I would recommend going to Stanwell Park beach it produces jewfish and has a reputation of big fish getting landed all the species you metioned get caught at Stanwell Park as well

Before you start fish take note as you drive down the hill to get there its easy to spot holes and gutters or have a look from the cliff top on the right hand side of the beach as its easier to spot any holes and gutters to fish in on the beach.

pm me if you need a third fisherman

Edited by Victor

Hi mate

I would recommend going to Stanwell Park beach it produces jewfish and has a reputation of big fish getting landed all the species you metioned get caught at Stanwell Park as well

Before you start fish take note as you drive down the hill to get there its easy to spot holes and gutters or have a look from the cliff top on the right hand side of the beach as its easier to spot any holes and gutters to fish in on the beach.

pm me if you need a third fisherman

BTW, is it rock or beach fishing? Can you get yakkas there for live bait? Or just use lure for tailor and bonito. I just want to get some information before I go. I am living a little bit far away to Stanwell Park.

Thanks a lot.

BTW, is it rock or beach fishing? Can you get yakkas there for live bait? Or just use lure for tailor and bonito. I just want to get some information before I go. I am living a little bit far away to Stanwell Park.

Thanks a lot.

Stanwell Park beach is a beach and no you cant catch yellowtail there but you can catch tailor and salmon off there. I normally use frozen or salted bait ive caught myself and froze fresh.

If Stanwell park is to far for you to travel find a beach closer to you to fish as most deep beaches hold jewfish at certain times of the year which area do you live in Champ?????

Edited by Victor

Stanwell Park beach is a beach and no you cant catch yellowtail there but you can catch tailor and salmon off there. I normally use frozen or salted bait ive caught myself and froze fresh.

If Stanwell park is to far for you to travel find a beach closer to you to fish as most deep beaches hold jewfish at certain times of the year which area do you live in Champ?????

I am living Marsfield. I will go and try during Easter. Thanks again for the information.

hey FD, sounds like you had as much luck as i did on friday night :P i had life tailor and some butterflied fresh squid as well still no takes might try agian this friday/saturday dunno where though