80Cm Kingie Caght At Night

SNAP-ER

Hi Raiders hit the harbour on sunday night through to monday arvo.

First up we went to the spit to get some bait and spent a few hours trying to gather some yakkas,though the windy conditions werent much help.We managed to get 5 yakkas so I threw one out and had a 80cm kingie nail it within 3minutes.

post-10704-126931121818_thumb.jpg

We only managed to get one squid and the tide was about to change,so we pulled up the anchor and headed to a spot to try for a jewie while we caught up on some sleep.My mate had a hook up though kept reefinghis rod to set the hooks which led to the hooks falling out.

We woke up in the morning and headed to another spot to try get a few kings;jigged in a couple of spots though no result.So we then filleted a couple of yakkas and managed to pickup four bream.

By now the tide was near the top and decided to downrigg some spots with a yakka and took a while before we got a hit,but no hook up.We spent an hour downrigging our last couple of yakkas before we put our only squid out which produced this 75cm

post-10704-12693126748_thumb.jpg

post-10704-126931285789_thumb.jpg

Edited by SNAP-ER

That a good fish. But most of people are fishing date time for kingie, and night for Jew. Congratulations!

Yeah i know that, it was a by catch i had the yakka out there for a jew,i go out at night to get my bait and then fish in the mornings for kingies.