Flattie Hunting At Kurnell

monch

Went for a quick flick at kurnell landbased to practice for the Pirtek challenge. Went for about 1.5hrs at 6pm, so about 1hr into the first of the run out tide. Managed 3 just under flatties which took a blue and white 5" jerkshad. The greedy buggers all managed to get the whole thing down their gobs but luckily still managed to lip hook them otherwise i would've needed to make some leader changes. Also hooked a big squid around 25cm hood. Would've stayed longer but it was getting dark and the wind was howling.

A few days ago i used the same approach and hooked 4 flatties and dropped 2 at around 45cm. Also hooked around high tide but was in the middle of the day.

Will only be a matter of time before i get some larger specimens.

All thanks to the helpful info from Hodgey and Slinky.

Edited by monch

im new to fishing and interested in targeting flatheads, can I as were you fishing around the groynes. thanks

Yes standing on the groynes, although i sometimes call them breakwalls incase people don't understand the term groyne.

Casting diagonally back towards shore on the run-out tide and casting diagonally away from shore on the run-in tide.

If your interested in targetting flathead on soft plastics you will do well to read Hodgey's topics as well as information submitted by others on fishraider, just use the search function and get ready for a wealth of information. You can also search up videos on youtube if your a visual learner.

Monch

Yes standing on the groynes, although i sometimes call them breakwalls incase people don't understand the term groyne.

Casting diagonally back towards shore on the run-out tide and casting diagonally away from shore on the run-in tide.

If your interested in targetting flathead on soft plastics you will do well to read Hodgey's topics as well as information submitted by others on fishraider, just use the search function and get ready for a wealth of information. You can also search up videos on youtube if your a visual learner.

Monch

Monch that's a real help mate I wish u luck in the comp

Monch

just curious, which groynes do you have most luck on?? i tried the western most groyne a few times for zuilch

just curious, which groynes do you have most luck on?? i tried the western most groyne a few times for zuilch

Still trying to work that out, the plan is to hop from one to the other until I find the fish.