Yowie Bay

Yowie

Fished near the mouth of Yowie Bay for 2 jewies, 50 and 68cm, on squid, before the small reddies attacked any sort of bait and ruined the fishing. Plenty of frigates swimming about, but not interested in lures.

The annoying part was fishing in the middle of nowhere, with half a kilometre of water around me, and some galoot motors past at high speed about 20 metres away. Like most occasions, I wave my hands trying to get him to keep him further away, and you receive the finger and bad language, as if I'm in his way.

Yowie.

mate some people can be like that.... you just have to be patient and let it pass otherwise getting angry will ruin your fishing day....

Thats a good haul mate.... were you fishing early morning?

Im heading down to the hacking tomorrow so its good to see that the fish are about.

mate some people can be like that.... you just have to be patient and let it pass otherwise getting angry will ruin your fishing day....

Thats a good haul mate.... were you fishing early morning?

Im heading down to the hacking tomorrow so its good to see that the fish are about.

Fishing before sun up.

Thats standard behavour in the harbour!

Outside is even better. 1km off shore along the northern beaches you get every high speed 50+ft boat flying by and half have their auto pilots on heading upto or back from pittwater. I have witnessed close shaves and even had one that close to me that I was in his white water by the time he was 100m passed me :1yikes:

I have even hit 2 boats casting a 3/8th pogy combo on a 30lb outfit at them! "SKILLED SHOT!" :yahoo:

Yachties don't get me started, now they are almost as bad as the rowers....... :ranting2:

Greg

Well done with the jewies, what sort of rig are you using for them ?

I fish out of a small tinnie and morons are always driving past at high speed when they could easily give you a wide berth,

Sometimes I wish I had an R.P.G. on board. I use 2 long shank hooks ganged together to hold the bait straight, usually no sinker, just let the bait sink to the bottom. If you are not use to using ganged hooks, be careful, as sometimes one hook is in the fish's mouth, and the other hook is swinging free. Easy to snag your finger.

Good work on the jews

The broardwater is firing at the moment.

We got a cobia and a king a couple of weeks back.

The cobe was a big suprise.

My hate is when surfing and the kite surfers have to swamp you as they go buy that cloes and hang were you are. Those guys can go any whare why do they have to be where is am.

Good work on the jews

The broardwater is firing at the moment.

We got a cobia and a king a couple of weeks back.

The cobe was a big suprise.

My hate is when surfing and the kite surfers have to swamp you as they go buy that cloes and hang were you are. Those guys can go any whare why do they have to be where is am.

Caught a cobia some years ago, guessed it weighed about a pound, smallest one I've ever seen. Dropped a bigger one a few years back, and I've seen 2 others caught around 5 to 6 pound. Over summer, I pulled out 3 sampson fish, small ones around the 40cm mark, and a couple of years back, I caught a spotted mackerel on a wonder wobbler lure. Late last year, I watched a groper around the 6 pound mark swimming amongst the blackfish, so any thing is possible.