Flicking The Local

johnny doi

hi raiders,

got a call from mate josh to hav a flick at our local waterway.after fishing all day yesterday with nathan[beginner],wasnt sure if :wife: was gona give leave,lucky for me she didnt mind.anyway headed to our local spot & flicked plastics.pretty slow goin with 2 little flattys & 2-3 small bream landed.kept on the move alot to try find the fish but no good.went to the spot where i got my 93cm jew last week but still dead.the tide was pretty high so we didnt get to fish that spot as much as we liked to as its a low tide spot.

moved again this time on the other side of the waterway on the lansvale side.only choppers stealing tails so we worked our way high upstream where we'v had some good sessions in the past.this section of water is tight country with the creek barely 10-20m wide in most sections.we found actively feeding bream all along this section with lots of small bream landed on 75mm flickbaits,50mm wrigglers & 2in curltail grubs.we worked further upstream & at that time the tide had bottomed out & was very shallow.in this spot we again found active bream in the shallow rocky pockets.we could see them flashing on their sides it was so shallow.there i was getting hits every cast for about 30mins landing only a couple just under bream.i landed a small ep too & dropped another 2 at my feet.we were casting to structure in barely 1-2ft of water when josh hooked up to a solid fish on a 2in grub on 1pound braid & 5lb leader.this fish went hard in the rocky shallow water & even jumped a couple times.i soon lip gripped a healthy flathead in the mid 50cm range.josh also went on to land another 2 nice legal size bream before we left.

on a bad note,josh broke his rod tip on a tree branch in the tight country.that was before we found the active fish & josh quoted he'd now get some better fish now that he broke the tip off & indeed he did landing the biggest bream & flathead of the session.onya joshy. :thumbup::thumbup:

all in all a slow start but ended up being an ok day.beats doin the lawns. :biggrin2:

thanks for reading guys & gals.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

if u dont mind me asking, is this going up prospect creek/lennox reserve/orphan school creek? . . .

My wife works in Fairfield, and since I work weekends, i get weekdays off so looking for places to fish while she works!