Kings In The Bay...... (Now With Pics)

Tangles

Headed out this morning in search of some jew action. Evrything seamed perfect, tides, no wind, overcast. fished about an hour & half of the run in & about the same of the run out with fresh squid caught the day before. For a while it was very slow going, pretty much until about half an hour from the top of the tide. Then one of my rods starts screaming, i hook up solid. was hoping for a decent jew, but the run just didnt feel like one. while im fighting this fish, my other rod goes off like a steam train. Try to hook up on that too but missed him. eventually got the first rod in & a nice 80cm king surfaced. Got baits back in the water & not long after my rod takes off again, this one felt like a jew. got it to the surface to find a nice jew over 1 meter. Knew i couldnt net it so go for the gaff, just about to gaff it & it takes off again, but this time there was no stopping it. BANG! come up with nothing :ranting2: The kings were on fire, big bust ups on the surface & were smashing my squid baits. Missed a few but ended up with 4. Smallest was just legal at 68cm, one was 70cm & two were 80cm. Then the kings went quite as the tide started to pick up pace on the run out. Thought id give it a little longer & ended up landing a school jew measuring 60cm. Although it rained nearly the whole time, i had an awesome day & ended up with a great feed just in time for easter. Sorry i dont have any pics at the moment. Will get them up asap.

Cheers Tangles. :1fishing1:

Edited by Tangles