Soft Plastics In The Georges River

hayden_229

what soft plastics should i use and where should i go to use them. around sylvania waters or woolaware bay. i will be going out in my tinny thursday arvo from 7pm. any advice would be good

Hey mate,

What will you be targeting? If your targeting bream I like to use the 55mm squidgy wriggler and the 55mm squidy flick bait. For flathead I use 110mm Flickbaits and 5inch gulp Jerk shads. Everyone has differing opinions on what plastics they should use for different fish. Its really about finding the ones that work for you.

I find for targeting bream with the wrigler I use a less irractic jig action as the plastic has its own action, I just tend to lift the plastic of the bottom, With the flick baits you have to make more action on the lure as it dosent have any action at all.

When retrieving for Flathead I use a double jig action, My best results have been when Im patient. Its really easy to rush down to your fishing spots with 5 differnt packs of new plastics and you spend most of the time changing them around. The best way I have found is to throw 100 casts at a certain spot with a flick bait if you get no hookups change to a wriggler for another 100 casts, Then change fishing spots and repeat the process.

Hope the info helps.

Hey mate ,

Im still learning with SPs myself but Ive had some luck with the GULP 3 inch and 4 inch minnows, in the colour pumpkinseed and smelt,

Around the edge of sandbars and marker poles would be a good place to target some flathead , drifting across the edge of the sandbar will give you good coverage and a chance of picking one up , you dont want the jig head to be 2 heavy , just enough to reach the bottom

Hope this helps

Morgs

Hi hayden -

Sylvania & Woolaware are not too familair to me. Would suggest you type either place names in to the "search field" at the top of the page and wade through some of the older posts - they may give you some helpfull info.

Dont know that 7PM would be the ideal time to be setting out on a soft plastic trip but others may dissagree. Would think that as you are fishing in the dark that you might want to be using soft plastics that either have good action, some flash or are highly scented like the gulps. Maybe try a couple of blades and some surface lures as well if you get on the water closer to sundown

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Blood Knot