Narra Lakes

Juzza

It was a nice day to get out of the house and relax on the water. Decided to go out to narra lakes for a fish opposite the caravan park. Nice blue sky with sun and little clouds. Besides the cool wind, it was nice to have water lapping around your legs.

In terms of the fishing...i had 1 hit on plastics but didnt manage to hook up. Pulled a few hook on baby fish on a SX40.

The only disappointing part of the trip was...my THONGS got stolen...!!! Not as bad as rods and reels, but it still bothers me. Normally i place my thongs next to the bushes close the bank of the lake, done this over 20 times with no problems. Someone must of pinched them while i was walking along the flats flicking lures, i would have been facing the culprits!!! Searched the whole bank to see if anyone had placed it elsewhere...but no. Went back to the car thongless :thumbdown:

Besides this dilemma, i have a feeling that the flatties are slowing down currently for the front of the lake.

Justin :1fishing1:

Sounds like a nice little session mate :) Notthing bets throwing around a few lures even if your not catching anything. :1fishing1:

Its amazing huh ? Some people are low enough to steal some 10 doller thongs ? They'll steal anything they get there hands on :ranting2:

The Rats stole it, i've had a 50cm model flatty dissapear once, found it 15ms further down in a bush with gnaw marks throughout.

Fair call!!

I used to leave my thongs on the grass before going over the dunes of whatever beach I was fishing, that was until I came back one time and the straps were all but eaten through. Distinctive ratty teeth marks.

Slabslinger

Shame about the thongs. I've found the flatties really slow down there as well ever since about 3 days after the lagoon opened up to the sea. They went nuts a few days then since then have really slowed Down. It might be time to try further up stream but I love that little spot and haven't been able to tear myself away from it yet.

Early the other morning on run in i was fishing more up towards the ocean mouth on the sand flats, got a nice mixed bag of whiting and lizards.

Defs not slowing. Just got to drift your plastics a tad more and not be as violent on the strikes in my opinion.