Botany Heads

Basil D

went out today and fished around the heads, we trolled first and got a couple of Bonitos and then Anchored up at a Local Reef, we got 30 Snapper kept 8, we also got plenty good size sweep, trevaly, wrasse.

Not a bad Day after some really frustrating moments just to go fishing, Firstly we forgot the extra fuel and had to a new fuel container + oil + fuel, we also got Busted 10k's over the limit and let off, then we had someone cut us of on the rd and had to slam the brakes on, I could see the boat wanting to fly off the trailer, I beeped at the goose and he even had the hide to give us the birdy :1badmood:

post-8352-127046658546_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127046659345_thumb.jpg

post-8352-127046660042_thumb.jpg

Nice bag of snapper mate. Thats a great effort to find a school of better sized fish!

Do you enjoy eating those wrass and sweep? I always throw them back after trying them once and i did not like them fried or baked.

I have a lot of family friends who aren't as fortunate to own a boat, so the fish goes to them, they dont mind what it is and the I aint giving the snapper away :1prop:

The snapper were ok, 30 to 34 cm was all I could manage.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it strange how sometimes everything goes wrong and then you end up with fish and other times all goes well and you get nothing. When you get on the water and start fishing it all seems worthwhile though regardless.

Congratulations on the great bag of fish, smart idea giving the rubbish away.

Isn't it strange how sometimes everything goes wrong and then you end up with fish and other times all goes well and you get nothing. When you get on the water and start fishing it all seems worthwhile though regardless.

Congratulations on the great bag of fish, smart idea giving the rubbish away.

LOL Hit the nail on the head, the following Friday we went out everything went smooth BUT no Fish :1badmood: