Lake Conjola Easter Trip

brendong

We decided to head down to the house @ Lake Conjola a few days over the Easter period and packed up and headed down with the masses on the Thursday.....(BTW Conjola Mountain is now finished and wow it blows my mind to think what they have done to straigten our those wicked bends you used to take at 40km ph and know you shoot on through at 100km, massive wrap to the project team and finally the RTA / NSW gov got something right and completed on time)

Any way on the Friday, we pumped some nippers for the Mel and my littest bloke while Kyle and I stayed with the plastics and poppers.

We'd seen some thumping whiting getting around in the system but what insued was the best family sesh we've probably ever had....First drift I picked up a 35cm whiting on popper and got dagger eyes from family as I was using a Lucky Craft NW pencil and their platsics and nippers went untouched.

Next drift and my next cast a my popper starts screaming up the river, so I handed the Fireblood to Kyle to take charge with the drag still screaming. After a little bit of dancing about the boat we net this 40cm cracker whiting which is now my new pb.

post-4925-127050646643_thumb.jpg

The drifts were quite short so we dropped anchor in all of 4ft of water and no sooner Mel's reel starts screaming and she played another 40 cm whiting with great finesse all the way into the net.

post-4925-127050649526_thumb.jpg

I managed a few more smaller whiting around the mid 30's (it's funny when mid 30's whiting become a little ho hum :1yikes: )

Mel lands a cracker 28 cm flounder and drops and massive blue swimmer thanks to my crappy net shot.

Then my little bloke's reel starts sizzzzzzling away and he ends up smacking his PB breambo on nipper that went 33 cm.

post-4925-127050652123_thumb.jpg

We ended up letting the bigger whiting go to fight another day and kept a coupple of the smaller ones and the flounder.

We also got out yesterday and Mel managed a 32cm bream on Nipper which is now her PB...so all in all plenty of PB's, plenty of solid fish and some great family times to reflect on...

Oh yeah - Happy Easter Raiders!