Still On Top

post-10942-127053670033_thumb.jpgpost-10942-127053671937_thumb.jpg

Had a couple hours on the water at Forster over easter and we caught a couple nice whiting and bream and Big Max got a beast of a long tom in about a foot of water which played up like a red headed stepchild going crazy and lurching all over the place just out of control. The fishing didn't start till about 10 am absolute gentalmens hours , but the fish were biting straight off the bat and all on poppers , would have liked to stay out all day but time didn't permit . Great to know Forster is still fishing well and it was good to see Roberta out there on the water .

Keep on Poppin

Bubba

Hi Bubba

Good to see that you got into some good fish, a nice way to say 'goodbye' to your old boat! - nice breambo too!!

post-2231-127053912066_thumb.jpg

Aren't those Long Toms a pain?? They are everywhere!!

I was out today showing a fellow FR how to fish pencils from a yak, & we both got fish, so that was good!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Sounds like a nice little fish mate

Forster Bream are something i've yet have much luck on ): But i guess i'll have a better chance now with these new blades :)

Long tom ? i thought i'd finally hooked a nice bream when this came up :1badmood: still was different .. I yet it go to swim another day

post-7089-127054205046_thumb.jpg

Edited by cut_loose

hey bubba went out 2 over easter on the lake.Nice fish,do u loose any lures from those crocodiles :ranting2:

It's pretty rare for me to loose a lure to them [ Long Tom's ]except if im using 2lb leader on the clear days over the flats , then it can get expensive . Usually im using 4lb and it's not a prob . But we do loose a few lures to big flatties .

Cut loose , im not sure how the blades will go up at Forster , im sure there are certain spots that they would work in but the vast majority of spots I fish in Forster are with H\B's as it is a pretty shallow place in general and the racks and weedbeds are my fav spots . But let me know if you do well with them up there as I struggled with blades in Forster.

Roberta great to hear your getting your Mojo back ! and helping out another Raider .

Bubba

Nice work Bubba.....LongToms are a bit of fun but they are a disappointment when chasing whiting and bream on the surface...my uncle ended up with 5 stiches in his hand after one latched onto him a few years back up at Nambucca Heads....one of the best ways to control their head we've found was to slide one of the old circle shape metal scalers over it and then you don't need to have you hands anywhere near the pointy end...

Nice work Bubba.....LongToms are a bit of fun but they are a disappointment when chasing whiting and bream on the surface...my uncle ended up with 5 stiches in his hand after one latched onto him a few years back up at Nambucca Heads....one of the best ways to control their head we've found was to slide one of the old circle shape metal scalers over it and then you don't need to have you hands anywhere near the pointy end...

That sounds like a good way to handle them Poddy Trapper , but at the moment I will stick with my current method of letting my old man unhook them whilst I :pokey: them repeatidly :biggrin2:

Far out 5 stitches , thats nasty , I will be taking a bit more care when handling them in the future , cheers mate

Bubba

Sounds like a nice little fish mate

Forster Bream are something i've yet have much luck on ): But i guess i'll have a better chance now with these new blades :)

Long tom ? i thought i'd finally hooked a nice bream when this came up :1badmood: still was different .. I yet it go to swim another day

post-7089-127054205046_thumb.jpg

at low tide,lay an onion bag full of berly on top of the rack,tide comes in plenty of big bream underneath.seen 1kg/2kg bream laying on their sides in 3 inches water at the onion bag.big lizards also. may help you.cheers