Info Wanted For Fishing Jews With Lures

Hi All,

I have a stack of lures and have not used many at all .I am very interested in fishing with them and have not really had any luck at all as I fish for jews only and have a proven bait for them and enjoying catching them but would really like to try new thing so if anyone can help it would be appreciated and send me some pics of them as names and numbers don't mean much until you can see them.

Tommy Jewie Hunter :1fishing1:

Where abouts are you going to be fishing. I cant really help coz i havent cracked it yet but i have spent endless hrs on the bchs throwing six inch storm shads for a few solid lizards and some choppers but no jew. I havent tried for a while but there is a spot at avoca i keep going back but yet to happen. If i do crack it ill let you no. Good Luck chasing them. :thumbup:

G`day Fellas ,

JH , Ist thing you need to do if you are going to use lures for beach fishing Jewies , is the Following .

Join a fitness club , and after the aerobics class , slip down to the local Gym , and begin a program that allows you to strengthen your upper body muscles.

In 5 1/2 years here , I have only ever seen one Jewfish caught on a Lure , and that was a dead set fluke .

The fella who caught it , I think said , it grabbed a tailor snagged on his tailor Lure.

Mate , I cannot immagine how many casts one would have to make to snare a Jew from the Sand , but in my opinion , its waste of time.

Fishing from boats however is probably a whole different ball game , and I would assume a few of the fellas on here , could fill you in on how they managed theirs . But I dont think anyone here , has deliberately set out to target Jews on SP`s .

But having said that , I did bump into A Fisho on the beach here on night who was targeting jew with A large SP , and he swore that he regularly took jew on this particular SP.

But he gave up after 2 hours , and bludged a few tailor fillets of me and managed a few small Tailor , but no Jews.

But Good luck in your endeavours JH , I look forward to your Ist pic of a lure caught Jew.

Mick

Hi Tom,

I know of a few guys (very keen fishos) who regularly catch Jewies on lures, they use River2Sea. I am not exactly sure of the name of them. They are about 10inches long and are mainly SP, with a hard head. I personally have never tried this method, but i have seen the lures, seen the fish and their methods are VERY successful... (if not unconventional)

LW

Like Swoff, I too have done quite a bit of Jewfish luring. Most of mine has been shorebased and I had enough success to keep me going back over and over again.

It takes a bit of mental adjustment and you have to be prepared to put the hours in for a lone hit, but that one hit is worth its weight in gold.

I am keen to give Jewfish luring a shot on the beach despite Mick's warning, if it as hopeless as Mick say's at least I will have got fit! :1clap:

Here is one showing the lure used:

Cheers Windy

post-52-1113880621_thumb.jpg

G`day Fellas ,

Hey Swofs , Yeah Its a different ball game afloat as I said , but I think most boaters ( Weekend Warriors ) have a limited fishing time , and so , would much rather load up with a Live squid than a SP.

At least with a live bait on you are 100% sure somethings going to have a crack at it , rather than spend the day lucky dipping so to speak.

But for those who have time on their hands and love a challenge , then a day out targeting Jews On SP`s is probably the way to go .

Its intriguing though , and it just goes to show , that you never stop learning in this game do you ?.

So whats next on the agenda ?, probably be a little electronic soft plastic robot , that swims down and waits till a fish comes by , then jumps out in front of it perhaps ?.

But for this Old Sandman , it will always be "Bait" from the beaches for Jews .

That shad is nothing like the Sp that fella was using up here , to me it looked something like a Big Brown White bait .

Mick

Thanks for the info and pics .There is some really good advise on this topic and no matter how many jew I catch you still never know everything. I am going to take some pics of the lures I have and post them so maybe someone has used them and I'm sure the ones that look like small bait fish would be good lures to use as when I send the guts of the jews away for testing in the labs I find that alot like the very small white bait.

Thanks again guys great reply

Jewie Hunter Tommy :1clap:

It would be well worth trying an Ecogear Powershad 5". Plenty of scent as well as a great action.

post-1-1113882469_thumb.jpg

43228[/snapback]

G`day Ken ,

Well that lure looks identical to a Pilchard doesn`t it , so I can see the value there .

Do you know of anyone who scored with one off a beach ???.

As a matter of fact I might just get a few of them and rig them up for Tailor , how much do they cost ?, and what sort of Jig head would you use?.

Mick

I guess it would depend on the surf conditions a bit Mick, like Swoff said the big Owner Heads would be good but in lighter surf conditions maybe a lighter darter style head like the Squidgie Finnesse Range would be good? Of course if the gutter/hole is close the lighter head would be fine as well.

I am not sure if they would be economically viable for use on Tailor, they would be around $10 for a pack of 5 I think and Tailor would make short work of them. Always worth experimenting though :1clap:

Cheers

Windy

I guess it would depend on the surf conditions a bit Mick, like Swoff said the big Owner Heads would be good but in lighter surf conditions maybe a lighter darter style head like the Squidgie Finnesse Range would be good? Of course if the gutter/hole is close the lighter head would be fine as well.

I am not sure if they would be economically viable for use on Tailor, they would be around $10 for a pack of 5 I think and Tailor would make short work of them.  Always worth experimenting though :1clap:

Cheers

Windy

43433[/snapback]

It seems there a quite a few jew caught from beaches, most that I have had first hand reports of have been from the ends of beaches or beaches with rocky outcrops in the middle. Places like Flat Rock up at Yamba and the reef at Lennox Head, and similar beaches around Coffs.

Matt

It seems there a quite a few jew caught from beaches, most that I have had first hand reports of have been from the ends of beaches or beaches with rocky outcrops in the middle. Places like Flat Rock up at Yamba and the reef at Lennox Head, and similar beaches around Coffs.

Matt

43437[/snapback]

Thats right Matt but I'm wanting to really try something new and have a shit load of lures as my mate works for a company that imports every type of lure you can hope to fish with and trying to see what is the most popular.Also how they are fished as some people say just throw them in like a bait and sit and wait?or I 'm thinking more along the lines of casting near pillons of bridges ect .

Tommy Jewie Hunter