Cronulla Kings

cruisecraft

Hi Raiders

Today I took 2 friends, Pat and Mike, out for a fish off Cronulla. We launch at 6.30am from Burraneer bay and picked up livies(yellow tails) at Shark island. There was masses of the little fellas, we did not even have to burley. The northwester kept pushing us towards the body boarders at Shark Is and whilst Pat and Mike was filling up the bait tank I was at the helm ensuring we kept clear of the island

We caught 3 kings,1 trev and a Watsons leaping bonito(no pics of it but it was yummy sashimied)

Mike broke his kingie cherry and the pics will show the boys' delight. Mike is in the black T shirt

post-2393-127096901762_thumb.jpg

post-2393-127096903831_thumb.jpg

We came back in just before 10am and the good wife sashimied the catch for lunch for the boys. What a top day and top company. What a great city we are in to be able to enjoy the bounty of the sea.

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft

Good report Kit. I hit the Wide BB Fad for no luck .On the way back got a couple of stripies & got onboard a 700 mm tuna & I stuffed up my morning by letting it go when it was bleeding out in the well . My first stripies the season .Thank goodness it's the best I have ever seen the bonitos though .

Well done Kit, I bet your friends are hooked now.You really love those shark island kings,have you found any bigger ones around lately.

Cheers Mike

hi Mike

We kept 2 kings, they were just over the legal mark. Mike took his "trophy" home and we had the other one for lunch. All fish were taken near the yellow bouys on slow troll with livie. We then went to the bommie at Jibbon but it was quiet there so we came in as I anticipated the wind to pick up in strength around noon(as advised thru BOM)

Regards Kit

"Hornets

Good report Kit. I hit the Wide BB Fad for no luck .On the way back got a couple of stripies & got onboard a 700 mm tuna & I stuffed up my morning by letting it go when it was bleeding out in the well . My first stripies the season .Thank goodness it's the best I have ever seen the bonitos though ."

Hi Adam

Thats bad luck about the tuna but there is good report of yellow fins in the GameFishing section today,so you will be hooking up again soon and possibly to bigger ones.

Regards Kit

ps thanks to the others for their positive contribution