Pirtek Challenge Wrap-Up

crunch

Up Early to start the Pirtek Challenge, High Tide at 6am so plan was to fish the run out till lunch. See how things go and maybe fish the run in back to my starting spot. Turned at Juno to see the sunrise.

Started Drift at Patonga and drifted all along the edge to Lion Island, Caught over 20 Flatties all on plastics biggest going 52cm. Tried bigger plastics and smaller ones, different colours and shapes.

Could not find the big female and was getting hungry so had some lunch as I did one troll around Lion Island in hope that maybe a decent Tailor might be hungry like me!!

As I turned to head back up river bang big 60cm fat Salmon climbed all over my x-Rap, interupted my lunch pulled him in after good fight. In the esky for bait he goes.

Wind was strong so called it stumps.

Great morning drifting and flicking plastics for a great cause.

Well done to all who participated in a great event.

Cheers

Dom

post-3900-127111946621_thumb.jpg

post-3900-127111947793_thumb.jpg

Did the Fishing Comp out at Hawksbury River up Wisemans Ferry Way.

Landed a 64cm Flattie. Had sent it in Cross Fingers !

She went back in to breed again !

It's pretty much the only photo we had. Battery died on us in the camera !

See BRAT MAT !

post-13984-127116599834_thumb.jpg

Well the results have been anouced and i got 3rd, 1st place was only 1.5cm bigger bloody close. I would have rather been blown away. Congrats to pete01 and all other Fish Raiders who got a placeing.

Talk about funny they anoucede the winners on 2gb radio fishing show but not 2nd and 3rd so i rang up, while on the phone i told Guesty where and the lure of choice i caught the yalla on and.......... won the aero bed HAHA!

No it dosn't take the sting out of being beaten by [ ] <<that much!

Lata Raidaz

Waynie

Well the results have been anouced and i got 3rd, 1st place was only 1.5cm bigger bloody close. I would have rather been blown away. Congrats to pete01 and all other Fish Raiders who got a placeing.

Talk about funny they anoucede the winners on 2gb radio fishing show but not 2nd and 3rd so i rang up, while on the phone i told Guesty where and the lure of choice i caught the yalla on and.......... won the aero bed HAHA!

No it dosn't take the sting out of being beaten by [ ] <<that much!

Lata Raidaz

Waynie

Must be a St Marys thing as we got the junior whiting ,congrats on the bed too , i was up listening as well this morning

Thanks a lot Waynie and congratulations on 3rd, I was listening this morning too in between planes flying over the top of me, i was fishing in the bay again. Congratulations to little funnierthanu on the junior prize too:).

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

Fished Windemere with sea rabbit, it was a bit tough with missed hits and a couple of dropprd fish.

I did manage this 51cm model though.

Did any body else go fresh?

PICT2182.jpg

Lata Raidaz

Waynie

post-4283-12710243184_thumb.jpg

Yeh i had a dig at the fresh, we fished in canberra for carp and yellas. Only managed to land 1 yellowbelly, tiny i dropped a baby cod as well but we got some nice carp biggest one 80cm+

Hope you do well

post-16504-071822400 1302593036_thumb.jpg

Edited by huckfinn

Yeh i had a dig at the fresh, we fished in canberra for carp and yellas. Only managed to land 1 yellowbelly, tiny i dropped a baby cod as well but we got some nice carp biggest one 80cm+

Hope you do well

awkward im about 3 years too late for this post