Stones On Shutdown

crunch

I'm just struggling this week! Given Monday arvo to Thursday arvo has seen some big swells and in many places wasn't fishable. I did get out for an hour Tue, Wed and Thurs and only came up with Squid (on a laser pro! :P), Tailor Squid Respectively. 4 hours On the stones live baiting and spinning Sunday morning for not a single hit. I got out this morning in my prime-time (first-light) before work and only had one Tailor that spat it :ranting2:

I was chatting to a couple of snorkellers that popped up not far from me, and they said the water was horrid, couldn't see more than 2m infront of them. The only spotted a couple of Mowies and a Leatherjacket in about an hour and a half. They did say there was bucketloads of Yakkas about though, which I was surprised, because I was struggling to even get them up destined for a hook!

The walk back on Saturday I saw only one (questionably legal) King being cleaned, and a scumbo - at Avoca.

Just quiet... Might have to head inside for the week. Might go hungry otherwise!

I feel your pain, :mad3:

I spun the ledges at hat head and SWR the whole of last week and didnt get anything and only saw one tailor caught :ranting2:

My brother who dives said there were heaps of yakkas around and the vis has been very bad lately so my only guess is that the warm currents that are coming through up there that are bringing the tuna is dirty but its usually the other way around :wacko:

The week before that i bagged out on frigates and bonito at terrigal and avalon

Harry