Customer Service

Richobull

Hi Guys,

Just after a bit of an opinion, I will outline my problem and hopefully some of you guys can help with what Im to expect.

Purchased a new Quintrex Explorer Trophy 4.2 10 months ago, (last June) by November the decks and floors and hatches were all warping. Took a few photos and sent them off to my dealer.

Now what is the minimum I should expect from Quintrex, considering the boat is still under full warranty.

IMO they really should be paying every single dollar to have them replaced including the carpet, and if they had any idea about Customer Service they would offer to replace with Ally Core decks - as ally core decks are made in WA so that could have been handy.......

Hearing back from them soon, and I`ll let you know the results.

Ive just edited this cause I found this stick :pokey:

cheers

Ive just had my reply and Im left shaking my head. The local dealer didnt even want to ring me and tell me he was that disgusted. Not there fault they have been great.

First off im in WA and Quintrex have offered me the upgrade to Allycore decks at a cost of $590 :ranting2: - my return question to them was how can you tell me what the upgrade is going to cost when I haven`t even given them the quotes for deck replacement to start with.

Disgusted at the $590 I found where to source the ally-core (as WA makes it) and it would have cost me $5-600 to buy it, and a couple a hundred to put in. So im thinking $800 at worst.

I have quizzed my dealer and asked will Quintrex give me a cheque for the amount Ive been quoted for normal deck replacement and I do the Ally-core myself. He said no harm in trying.

Well they blew me away something stupid here, they offered me $99 towards the Ally-core.

So what they are saying is it would have only cost $99 to do a deck replacement. I mean WOW I couldnt even get a quote close to $500 let alone $99.

Am i being dealt the piss poor Customer Service card here or is this standard, and im bitching and whinging over nothing and $99 is standard for deck replacement.

Any Opinion would be great as I am a first boat owner. I feel like coming and visiting them with my stick. :pokey:

cheers

Am i being dealt the piss poor Customer Service card here or is this standard, and im bitching and whinging over nothing and $99 is standard for deck replacement.

43252[/snapback]

Absolutely piss poor customer service in my books. I don't think $99 would cover materials.....

Have they offered to replace the warped ones with standard decks??

From what I understand it is a common problem with Quintrex decks. If they replace them with standard there is a fair chance that it will happen again.

What material do they use in their decks? I assume some sort of treated ply.

I don't know how you stand legally asking them to replace them with non standard decks. But if they supply you with a product that is not suitable for the job surely it is up to them to recify the problem.

If it was a one off I can understand their point of view but it seems to be an inherent problem with Quinny decks.

I would be on the phone to Conusmer Affairs and see where you stand

That sucks Richo.  :thumbdown:

If the decks only cost $99, maybe I should approarch Quintrex about getting my 4.2 Explorer Trophy redecked at that price and see what they say.  :1prop:

As I've recently experienced through a tackle company, customer service is well and truly a thing of the past.  :ranting2:

43255[/snapback]

Good point there Swoffa, bargin at $99 I reckon and why wouldnt ya try it, Im tending to agree that customer service is far from a priority with some business`s these days if at all, which is a disappointment as one good customer satisfaction story is usually enough to make others go to that company. The ol saying "the customer is always right" seems to be a thing of the past.

Im still shaking my head......... $99 bucks - what a joke. Even my dealer said it would cost them a minimum $400-500 to do. They havnt heard the last from me.

cheers

That work both ways Richo. One highly publiscised negative experience can severly damage a company's reputation.

... maybe warping decks will be the next topic of conversation for Quintrex.  :ranting2:

43267[/snapback]

Id say warping decks will be the next talking point for Quintrex and I understand its one of the reasons they have gone to ally-core decking for all there boats now - maybe they are sick of replacing decks everywhere.

I warned my dealer that I wont hesitate to publicise this experience every way possible....... I did expect a little better, and at least I know it WILL BE THE LAST QUINTREX I ever buy, and I will talk every bloke I come across into something else if possible - as Id hate to see others cop the same problems as me.

I am very disappointed as I have previously talked at least 2 guys into buying Quinnies which they now have.

Now wheres my stick and that person I just phoned :pokey: thats better

I tell ya the smily with a stick is helping my frustrations re this issue.

cheers

Absolutely piss poor customer service in my books. I don't think $99 would cover materials.....

Have they offered to replace the warped ones with standard decks??

From what I understand it is a common problem with Quintrex decks. If they replace them with standard there is a fair chance that it will happen again.

What material do they use in their decks? I assume some sort of treated ply.

I don't know how you stand legally asking them to replace them with non standard decks. But if they supply you with a product that is not suitable for the job surely it is up to them to recify the problem.

If it was a one off I can understand their point of view but it seems to be an inherent problem with Quinny decks.

I would be on the phone to Conusmer Affairs and see where you stand

43257[/snapback]

Jethro,

They offered me an Upgrade to Ally-core at the cost of $590 to myself, or replace the decks with ply at their cost - which considering it`ll be in WA my dealer said he`d lose $400 min if he only got a cheque for $99........ im still flabergasted.

I queried the $590 upgrade as I hadnt even handed them a quote (which were all above $500), and considering I can do Ally-Core myself at $600 it made me think they were stinging me this regardless of the costs of the normal decks.

I believe they do use ply - maybe marine but Id very much doubt it as Ive seen anothers boat do the exact same - and when replaced its even worse a second time around.........

This is making me angry "wheres my stick" :pokey: thats better.

Im not asking much, but at least what the replacement decks will actually cost. Im seeing where I stand with Consumer Affairs as well.

cheers guys

Richo

Best of luck with Quintrex. I got my Hornet decks replaced with no questions asked. It was the 10 weeks wait & 3 attempts to get it right that pissed me off. They gave me a free T Shirt though & that made it all better. I felt fully compensated for being without a boat for nearly 3 months & continue to do so EVERY time I wear the T shirt.

I would still buy another Quintrex boat as they are an excellent boat but the warranty service sucks.

Another happy quinnie owner :thumbdown::thumbdown: now we start to see the advantage of the confidence in workmanship of lifetime warranty on decks and hulls on some of the american boats (sorry wrong thread :tease: ). Mate do not pay a cent. I wouldn't trust your dealer either no matter how nice they seem. Hats off to Hunts marine who only asked me to remove all my decking personally and send it away for 6 weeks but they did get it all replaced at no charge with alloy core boards and I haven't had warping probs since. If Hunts didn't get charged for the warranty board replacement why would your dealer?? They were a bit chuffed when I made them put it all back in the boat when I turned up to pick up the boards but a couple of serious legal threats and they saw it my way. Quinnie didn't give any me troubles regarding warranty, just took their time getting the new boards made just left me without a boat for a month and a half, and longer for other members such as Ken. I have no doubt u r not the only one not going back for another quinnie and with the reputation they are building I reckon sales will be taking a hiding. I remember when I first bought my hornet I was very keen on a new boat in the market, elegant boats but didn't go through as I was not happy to buy a boat without a recognised name. Now I would go elegant any day of the week over quinnie as he takes much more pride with quality and after sales service. I guess some good comes out of it, as quinnie declines (as I am sure it will) it opens oportunities for better boats for everyone.

I don't have the problem, but if I was offerred an ally core upgrade for $590 I'd jump at it. The weight gain and performance gain alone are worth the money. I got a price of somewhere in the vicinity of $1200 to do my 435 Hornet flooring with ally core. No, not from Quintrex.

You bought the boat from a dealer, take it back and tell them to fix it at no cost! It then becomes their fight with the manufacturer, and not your's. That's why dealers have mark-ups in products, to fund providing the service to their customers.

Just to keep things in perspective here - Yes there are problems with Hornet casting decks - yes Quintrex need to sort the problems out within the warranty section.

Having said that Quintrex make a lot of boats in different models & there are thousands upon thousands of very satisfied customers out there who have never had a problem that needed repair.

It's easy to get carried away & start knocking Quintrex but just remember there are plenty of satisfied customers out there who get years of pleasure from their Quintrex boats.

Just a reminder also posts detrimental to a business are against site rules so please do not let this thread degenerate into a level where it will be either locked or removed.

By all means complain about poor service from the warranty section & I will try to bring it to the attention of Quintrex but putting down the company in general will NOT be tolerated. Thanks for your co operation.

Just to keep things in perspective here - Yes there are problems with Hornet casting decks - yes Quintrex need to sort the problems out within the warranty section.

Having said that Quintrex make a lot of boats in different models & there are thousands upon thousands of very satisfied customers out there who have never had a problem that needed repair.

It's easy to get carried away & start knocking Quintrex but just remember there are plenty of satisfied customers out there who get years of pleasure from their Quintrex boats.

Just a reminder also posts detrimental to a business are against site rules so please do not let this thread degenerate into a level where it will be either locked or removed.

By all means complain about poor service from the warranty section & I will try to bring it to the attention of Quintrex but putting down the company in general will NOT be tolerated. Thanks for your co operation.

43404[/snapback]

Spot on Ken,

My beef is with the Warranty section as they are the only people who decide what action is taken from here. I initiated this post so I could find out from others what I should expect as a minimum under my warranty.

Ive seen a plethora of Quinnies around that have no problems, in fact my dealer became Quinnie Dealer of he year purely from the business WA Breamers brought to him.

My decks started warping after 4 months, and I know Quintrex wont have this problem in the future as they have gone to ally core decking, fantastic move and will only make there boats better. But a bit better customer service in regards to warranty issues to the 5% of us that got dodgy decks is my request, and $99 bucks is like a 1 wood to the head but ya get that - I was angry yesterday and Ive even put my stick away.

Ive no doubt this issue will have a satisfactory ending for sure. And I will eventually be quite happy, besides that I love my boat.

cheers

Guest Mike.L

Ever thought of sending an email to A Current Affair or Taday Tonight, they love this type of stuff and when the media becomes involved its amazing how quick things happen

Anyway a story on Quintrex buried amongst all the 'westy sob stories' they report would be a nice change

• 2 weeks later...
Any further developments Richo?

45130[/snapback]

been asked by my dealer whos 2 hrs drive away for 3 quotes which i am doing tomorrow - and all the screws from one hinge came out of the front hatch at last weekends megabucks :1badmood: but ya get that, was worth it to see a 4.7 and 4.4kg bag.

Fished with DaveW on the last day which was mighty good fun, i think we need to go peacock bass fish fishing..... :yahoo:

but back to the boat swoffa - will hopefully have an update in a week or so - still expecting a pleasant resolution in the end.

cheers