Transducer Problem

Jiggy

Hi Guys,

Took the boat out yesterday and when washing it down I noticed that the transducer had been pushed up, it was flat against the hull rather than sticking out. The only thing that I can think off that happened is that I hit something when recovering the boat as the tide was low.

I've pushed back into place and there is no damage that I can see, however the transducer can be flipped up very easily by hand. I can't say of it was like this before as I've never touched it. Should I be concerned that it is damaged and that now water pressure will flip it up or is this normal?

Oh and its a 600 watt airmar transducer for a furuno 585.

Cheers

Rob

I think the transducer is designed to have semi-mobility. So that in the event that you do hit an object that it kicks up to prevent damage. However there should be enough tension on it, so that the water pressure does not cause it to move.

Have a look at your user manual.It should lock into place with enough force till it klicks into place then slide the leaver up to lock it into position,and yes it is safety feature you must of hit somethin should still be fine.