Pirtek Challenge In The Bay

funnierthanu

Hit the bay yesterday for the big comp and fished for whiting the first 5 hrs before trolling for tailor for the next 3 hrs .Got a few whiting around the 40 mark but wasnt happy with them as i know that there are bigger ones around . The tailor wernt there and we didnt even get a hit , Should have went for them first caz i finally found the whiting at 2pm .Managed a 42 and my 5 and 7 year olds got 41 and 39 . Called over another raider and he was kind enough to get a 46 and 45 whiting in front of me , ( do i hear a shout ) We left around 5 as the boys started to get tired . It was a great day out .Here is a few of the fish without the bigger whiting as they were all released due to the pirtek rules post-9468-12710605912_thumb.jpg

Hit the bay yesterday for the big comp and fished for whiting the first 5 hrs before trolling for tailor for the next 3 hrs .Got a few whiting around the 40 mark but wasnt happy with them as i know that there are bigger ones around . The tailor wernt there and we didnt even get a hit , Should have went for them first caz i finally found the whiting at 2pm .Managed a 42 and my 5 and 7 year olds got 41 and 39 . Called over another raider and he was kind enough to get a 46 and 45 whiting in front of me , ( do i hear a shout ) We left around 5 as the boys started to get tired . It was a great day out .Here is a few of the fish without the bigger whiting as they were all released due to the pirtek rules post-9468-12710605912_thumb.jpg

great catch there funnierthanu when did the bite get going for you at what time

Nice haul mate, unlucky about getting the slightly smaller elbow slappers...I would've been happy with the 40cm whiting, they are elbow slappers nonetheless. What bait did you get them on?

And with the pirtek challenge, they encourage catch and release but its not a rule. Particularly because its not like a serious bream competition but moreso a social/family fishing trip for charity, they would not have rules like that which to me seem abit harsh.

Monch

Huge effort, you defintely outnumbered us but I go for quality, not quantity :biggrin2:

Cheers

Pete

There's plenty of quality in there - it's just that someone had some slightly better quality. That would be the comp winner(s).

Photos also don't do the fish justice - you need to be able to see the fish face to face to appreciate them.

It's good to see the bay is fishing so well for bread'n'butter species like these.

The buyout of the pros some years ago has made the bay a beautiful place to enjoy a day on the water with a good feed of fresh fish.

As I write, I'm having a couple of lightly fried whiting fillets - jeez they're good...

As funnierthanu says - keep smiling...

Tony

There's plenty of quality in there - it's just that someone had some slightly better quality. That would be the comp winner(s).

Photos also don't do the fish justice - you need to be able to see the fish face to face to appreciate them.

It's good to see the bay is fishing so well for bread'n'butter species like these.

The buyout of the pros some years ago has made the bay a beautiful place to enjoy a day on the water with a good feed of fresh fish.

As I write, I'm having a couple of lightly fried whiting fillets - jeez they're good...

As funnierthanu says - keep smiling...

Tony

I know there was some very nice fish amongst them Tony but trust me I need to have a dig at funnierthanu when I can. Up till 3:30 he was bagging me for not landing a whiting yet and wouldn't let up on me, and opportunity is now knocking so I am taking it :biggrin2:

Cheers

Pete

great catch there funnierthanu when did the bite get going for you at what time

Mate got to the second spot where we got 40 fish around 2pm after a swim on the beach . We couldnt keep a bait in the water for a solid 3 hrs , my 5 year old couldnt keep the bait up to us .

Huge effort, you defintely outnumbered us but I go for quality, not quantity :biggrin2:

Cheers

Pete

YES PETE , its hard to catch fish when YOUR offsider kept tangling his lines with mine ( good plan ) but next time anchor on the fun sherriff"s side of the boat . Any way the fingers are crossed for you and my boys , good luck

YES PETE , its hard to catch fish when YOUR offsider kept tangling his lines with mine ( good plan ) but next time anchor on the fun sherriff"s side of the boat . Any way the fingers are crossed for you and my boys , good luck

Ohhhh.....

I see.

There's some RIVALRY between you guys...

Hah - just what I like to see.

Maybe the name should be changed from 'funnierthanu' to 'payingoutonu'...

Keep it up guys - sounds like a lot of fun - so what does it take to enter the Pirtek challenge?

Not that I'd try hard to catch a winning fish - I just want the free bragmat !

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I read the rules and they state that you can only enter one fish - that entered fish must be released.

It says nothing of any other fish not entered in the comp - ie those you can keep.

Does anyone have a more accurate interpretation of the rules ?

Tony

Hey guys,

I read the rules and they state that you can only enter one fish - that entered fish must be released.

It says nothing of any other fish not entered in the comp - ie those you can keep.

Does anyone have a more accurate interpretation of the rules ?

Tony

That is the way i read it and that is what we did it , reasled the big elbow slappers