Lane Cove Bass Or Ep,s ?

craigtempo

i went for a yak with my family to the national park at lane cove on sunday so naturally i had to take a fishing rod with me .. [ actually i took 2 ] i trolled a sx40 around and landed 5 bass or ep,s in the first few klms . then we pulled up at a place called wee island [ figure that one out for yourself ...lol ] . had some lunch and as we cast of again i noticed a nice big snag . so i rigged up a squidgie wriggler 65mm in bloodworm and let it loose and then bang . a nice fish much to my surprise . it put up a great fight on 3lb gear [ i do like my 1-3kg dropshot ] but i mannaged to land it .post-8207-12710650548_thumb.jpg

post-8207-127106507022_thumb.jpg

post-8207-127106508873_thumb.jpg

can anyone tell me if its a bass or ep ? im thinking ep .

so a new fishery and only 15 minutes from home :thumbup:

craig

I agree with Stewy, the middle picture is definitely a Bass. They are great little fighters and I love catching them on bream gear :1yikes: .

Congratulations on finding a new fishery so close to home. I look forward to seeing future posts detailing your capture of more Bass.

Well done, Craig! I concur with the boss & BC ...... EPs usually have a distinct scooped forehead. Your bass has a nice 'straight' forehead - I have yet to catch an EP! Another one that is on my list!

It would have been a lovely day on the water with the family nearby!

Roberta

thanks everyone

ok il call it a bass :thumbup:

my first, how i love catching a new species .sydney really is an amazing fishery .the amount of fishing that is available to me within a 1/2 hr drive is just fantastic and now i have a bass fishry to add to that .

looks like ill be spending more time chasing bass as well .

thanks again

craig

Yep definately a Bass, last time I fished Lane Cove about 2 seasons ago we only caught small fish (200 -250mm) so it looks like some of them have grown up! Hopefully they have fixed the fish ladder by the weir so the Bass can come and go and do the family making thing. There are some massive Carp in that river, if you get bored its always worth taking some bread and small hooks and be prepared to get towed!

Cheers, Langa

Yep definately a Bass, last time I fished Lane Cove about 2 seasons ago we only caught small fish (200 -250mm) so it looks like some of them have grown up! Hopefully they have fixed the fish ladder by the weir so the Bass can come and go and do the family making thing. There are some massive Carp in that river, if you get bored its always worth taking some bread and small hooks and be prepared to get towed!

Cheers, Langa

yeah i saw a carp jump out of the water and it would have had 2 ish ft out of the water .... i would geustamate that the fish would have been at least 3ft. :1yikes: cause it was just past the dorsel fin [ if u get my meaning ]

so next time i will take some bread and try for 1 of these things ,i do like the idea of being towed around .

oh and there where plenty of 200-250 mm bass around as well .they loved the sx40,s .

craig