Tweed Flatties

My first post.... here goes

(with just a little subtle pushing from Mr Slinky) oh why is there no equivalent smilee face for husband like wife with rolling pin!!!!! :ranting2:

Okay dropped kids off to school NO 4.30am start for me and we headed down to the Tweed for some long awaited fishing (for me anyway we all know how much Slinky loves to fish) :1clap:

It has been a while since I've been on the boat. This will be a short tale as I love to fish but don't ask me What Rod, Reel or Line I used or even Lure I just like the colourful shrimps and curly worms and no doubt Mr Slinky will fill in the technical details. I'll just catch the fish, we both caught flatties but I didn't outfish him today (often I do). It was a very enjoyable way to spend a morning floating around on a river catching the odd fish.

:thumbup:

post-14001-127122577265_thumb.jpg

post-6175-127122726895_thumb.jpg

post-6175-127122727052_thumb.jpg

post-6175-127122728462_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Fishraider my Darlin.

For the record, you were fishing with a Daiwa Sol on a Shimano 2-5kg T-Curve rod. 4lb braid with 6lb leader. And the colourful shrimpy thing was a 3" Atomic Prong. :biggrin2:

We got on the water at about 9.30 and within minutes had a double hook-up on flatties to get the ball rolling. A succession of fish from 38-46cm kept on coming to the prongs and 3" Powerbait minnows.

The water has dropped from 29-30 degrees about a month ago to around 24 degrees today and the fish were far less aggressive. Nearly all the hits were on the pause with the lure on the bottom and we had to fish really slowly with very light heads and small lures to get them.

Had a great day fishing with no little slinkies so we could set our own pace and just enjoy a beautiful day on the water.

Oh, and one last thing...

:wife: :wife: :wife: :wife: :wife:

Cheers, Slinky

Mrs Slinky - welcome officially to fishraiders as a contributor....no doubt you have contributed to fishraiders as a reader and giving permission :wife: to Mr Slinky to spend hours on the computer to write his own posts etc.

Congratulations on the decent flatties and I look forward to more reports of Tweed flatties in your future posts, especially on those occassions you outfish Mr Slinky :biggrin2:

welcome mrs slinky and a great first post do'nt worry about all the tec. stuff i have no idea what my rods are and never read the silly names on the soft plastics

do'nt you think it's about time tony cleaned out his tackle room he has far to many rods and reels for any one man :biggrin2:

once again welcome and i look forward to your posts as tonys has to much tec.stuff in them anyway :biggrin2:

cherrs gary

tony i told you if the wife ever joined fish raider you would be in deep shit :074:

:1welcomeani: Mrs Slinky!

It's about time you took Slinky fishing to show him how it's done! :biggrin2:

I hope you enjoyed our beautiful river. It was a very nice day to be on the water & I'm glad you got a few flatties.

No doubt your :wife: was chasing jacks while you picked up the tasty by catch.

Well done & :1welcomeani: again.

Cheers,

Grant.

Welcome Mrs Slinky! Great first post.

I'm sure you know Slinky's very well regarded on this site so we're all glad to have the better half of the Slinky combo onboard.

Like brickman elluded to, if all that damn tackle is cluttering up your house too much, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands... I'll just need to hide it from my :wife: !

:1welcomeani: Mrs Slinky! Great to see you out on the water and catching some nice fish again. It looks like you had terrific weather! Keep the reports coming. I look fprward to seeing you appear in our records section soon :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey