Big Blue Caught Off Sydney 15.4.10

Jiggy

Hi Guys,

Hopefull I am not stealing anyones thunder but my sister works with Bill Heaton's daughter and she sent her this photo of a big blue caught off Sydney yesterday. Don't know anything else about it except that it is one help of a capture.

Cheers

Rob

post-5876-127137948821_thumb.jpg

Angler Wade Harper

Took 1.5hrs on 37 and weighed 288.3 I think and missing out on club record by 300gms.......

Top fish to an angler that's put in some mega hours out at the 1000fm line and very well deserved fish.

Usually Wades out there in his 23ft Contender and only a few days before he had a little stripe commit hurry curry in the back of his boat when it jumped in and shattered it's bill and bled out over the whole boat. Pics were blood sports to the max! Only damage was a few chips of gel coat where the bill speared into the gunnel.

Congrate to Wade once again and the excitment in his voice on the phone when they were heading in was amazing!

Your Da Man!!

Greg

Angler Wade Harper

Took 1.5hrs on 37 and weighed 288.3 I think and missing out on club record by 300gms.......

Top fish to an angler that's put in some mega hours out at the 1000fm line and very well deserved fish.

Usually Wades out there in his 23ft Contender and only a few days before he had a little stripe commit hurry curry in the back of his boat when it jumped in and shattered it's bill and bled out over the whole boat. Pics were blood sports to the max! Only damage was a few chips of gel coat where the bill speared into the gunnel.

Congrate to Wade once again and the excitment in his voice on the phone when they were heading in was amazing!

Your Da Man!!

Greg

Awesome fish!

Any pics of that event Greg? Would be interesting to see.

Hi Guy’s

In adding to what has already been said.......With yes that Blue weighing in at a hefty 288.7 kg fell shy by 300 grams of beating the club record.

Of an interest to any of the trailerboat boys who may be thinking of heading out wide this weekend is that the above report of a blue Marlin has not been an isolated case with other boats also reporting interesting times.

Midweek a Trailerboat pulling a 4” lure past some traps inside the shelf in the hopes of raising the interest a feed of dolphin fish got more than they bargained for after it was engulfed by a blue Marlin estimated at around 150kg mark not an easy task when faced with the prospects of it being hooked on an 8 kg outfit.

After 74 Y/Fin Tuna where T&R at the Tournie run out of Sydney the weekend just gone hopes have been high for that bite continuing the main body of warmer water pushing from the north has advanced closer to the mountain with reports coming to hand during the week suggesting that the better results were obtained from working the edges of the cooler 22.9 water and with current SST’s showing the leading edge down around the Southern Canyons working the areas of intermixing water and visual eddies south of Brown’s this weekend could very well pay dividends..

Cheers Warnie

Wow what a fish!!!!

As usual warney, your a wealth of information!!!! my bluewater trip for this weekend fell through but im going chasing some kings instead. Good luck to all fishing the deep stuff for yft and beakies

Great fish Wade !!!

To answer mr fishy fishy"s post >

I have fished with Billy near 20 years.During our days fishing the wide area known now as the "Hill" in the eary 90"s we never came across a single boat in the area we fished.....ever!

Like every spot there is always someone who has been fishing an area before you.........commercial or rec.You could say no game fishers really took an interest in the area until we consistently got big fish there.

Cheers