Longreef 17/4/10

sanger

Hey guys if you didn't heed my warning it wasnt a ploy to get people interested.

It was a desert out there today we towed arround a live slimie and some yakas for a period of about 5 hours today with not a single touch all the while throwing either stick baits or poppers. Only thing we turned a reel on was a small mac tuna, shame i left the big game boat at home in my dreams cause it was the perfect live bait for marlin or tuna.

Hope everyone else did better today cause at this stage i thing longy is over for this season... well the inshore grounds anyway.

Hey guys if you didn't heed my warning it wasnt a ploy to get people interested.

It was a desert out there today we towed arround a live slimie and some yakas for a period of about 5 hours today with not a single touch all the while throwing either stick baits or poppers. Only thing we turned a reel on was a small mac tuna, shame i left the big game boat at home in my dreams cause it was the perfect live bait for marlin or tuna.

Hope everyone else did better today cause at this stage i thing longy is over for this season... well the inshore grounds anyway.

my mate fished there today for 10 reds biggest 6kgs

Any one fishing Longy should fish the bottom as i also filled up on 5kg snapper on friday.(had the place to my self)

Fishlexic - i can sympathise with you. I fished with a mate today from 6am until 11:45. We tried bait and jigs at LOTS of spots for one crappy bonito! The Kingy fishing has certainly slowed down as winter approaches... Hopefully they fire up offshore sooner rather than later.

From the sounds of the other replies to your posts i need to start targetting Snapper instead of Kings!

Yeah sorry guys didn't specify.... we were targeting kings only. Im sure there is plenty of other quality fish around like snapper as there is still bait.... we just couldn't find a king to save ourselves.

Yeah sorry guys didn't specify.... we were targeting kings only. Im sure there is plenty of other quality fish around like snapper as there is still bait.... we just couldn't find a king to save ourselves.

Yes fishlexic sorry to hijack your thred, Idid figure you were talking kings.

I was hopeing for a king also but couldnt find any. The current was running north so this may have some effect.

fishlexi.. i know what you mean... I did the slow trip from north head to long reef, move around for zip.

Back to quarantine and ended up with 3 kings 67-71cm, one sick salmon at 90cm plus few others from 50-65cm, big bream and trevalli all in 1.5hrs fishing. Regretting going to long reef.

However, seabreeze was a bit off for saturday saying seas under a metre and swell 1.5 to 2m. The seas were pretty close to flat.

Anyhow...

Yeah we worked the area for a long time and only had about 2 showings on the sounder the whole morning which may have been kings so they definitely werent out to play. We probably should have fished the harbour instead but hey isn't hind sight a beautiful thing!!!!