Port Hacking - Gymea Bay

Raii

Went down to Gymea bay for another landbased session hoping to land some more bream, action was a bit slow at the start until the tide was almost max, started off with a 2" natural shrimp and landed a nice 33cm flounder.

post-6576-127160612168_thumb.jpg

I then proceeded to land a 27cm bream on the same 2" shrimp not long after

post-6576-127160614643_thumb.jpg

Later on during the day I switched to a 2" grub and caught this small red

post-6576-127160615418_thumb.jpg

I've been using 8lb vanish, and I have a feeling I will get ALOT more takes if I dropped it down to around 4lbs, so next time I head to the shops I will be adding much lighter line in to hopefully catch some more of those nice bream!

Edited by Raii

That's a nice flounder and bream Raii. :thumbup:

I've been using 8lb vanish, and I have a feeling I will get ALOT more takes if I dropped it down to around 4lbs, so next time I head to the shops I will be adding much lighter line in to hopefully catch some more of those nice bream!

Of course you realise that as soon as you use 4lb, a big kingy or jew will cruise by and your reel will be screaming! :074:

Cheers

Peter

Hahaha, I hope so !

I'm currently using 4lb Fireline and 8lb vanish, so combining 4lb fireline with 4lb vanish should result in more takes

I wouldn't mind hooking up to a kingy or a jew, even the initial run would be enough haha