My First Yellowfin And Biggest Dollie

bender

Hey guys

headed out last saturday for a fin fish. Had a hook up just before browns but pulled the hooks, So kept trolling east of browns hooked up on the short corner. After a 25min fight in comes my first yellowfin. :yahoo:. 22.5kg (weighed). Kept trolling for another 2 hours for nothing. So headed south on the way found a current line full of sea weed, All rods go off, :1yikes: Dollies. So kept 8 dollie, Biggest 93cm's. While all this was happening there was a marlin swimming around just looking. Pulled the lures past him a few time but nothing. On the 3rd run he lite up and swam at the lurs but swam under and off he went. Left there and headed home doing 25knotts. :thumbup: The trip home was a beautiful day. Home by 3pm.

Cheers Benny..

Anakiwa/Bender.

post-5996-127181563707_thumb.jpg

post-5996-127181568655_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments, I would have been over the moon if we could have hooked that marlin. But better i didnt means i still have to go back and catch it.. lol. Mc fishn it was coral spaw and weed all mixed together, the only down fall was kept hooking the weed as well. DGF your time will come. Herbmozo yeah i was over the moon. As you could hear on the movie after it came in the boat. Hey mike how'd ya go with the boat all fixed yet??. Iv been fishing serious for 7 years now and gamefishing for 3, And only now i have caught these fish, Im yet to even catch a jew fish. Never caught on at all, Iv fished for them but everytime something either brakes of theres no fish. lol. Hopefully back out there this weekend to see if we can find another few. Went out on tuesday aswell but didnt turn a reel, had to hits on the lures (in 23.8 degrees) but nothing. And water temp on browns was 24.5 degrees and the more east ya went the hotter it got found 25.4 was the hottest. 23.6 i found just inside the shelf.

nice work there mate , i must say you do make a good skipper so you deserve a good fish now and then , shame about tuesday but still a bad days fishing beats any good day at work i reckon.

all the best and good luck on the weekend , if you score again, would love to taste some of that delicious fish you were telling me about.cam.

Thanks again guys. Im still over the moon. yeah it was a screamer. Never heard the tld50 run so hard before. Just wish the weather was good this weekend so i could get back out there. thursdays looking like a good day, Might aim for then.

Cheers Benny..

Anakiwa/Bender.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Yeah ill be back out there chasing them all. Wouldnt mind another fin, I dont eat fish much, But tried some yellowfin :1yikes: and now im hooked, i gave most of it to family, Now wish i didnt :ranting2: ..

Cheers Benny.

Anakiwa/Bender..