Saturday Arvo Croc Fest

brendong

The boys played soccer this morning so the only option was to sneak out this afternoon....the non existent wind of this morning had certainly changed its tune by the time we arrived.

We took shelter in Woolloware bay from the hollowing Nor-Wester and it wasn't long before I managed a 50cm flat that played up delux in the shallows and was soon netted by my little bloke of 6. In the keep net for some lovely flaty fillets over the weekend.

A few more mini croc's later and the wind swung around to the south and all of a sudden Woolloware Bay was the wrong spot to be, so we made a move back closer to the ramp given the balck clounds were rolling in big time...

Funny how often you drive past an area and say to yourself, I must give that a crack one day...well today was that day and I'm gald we did.

Boated a couple of mini crocs again before coming uptight on something much more substantial....handed the rod to Jay who took control and held on through a couple of scorching runs in the shallows....he did a great job with a lift and wind technique and let her run when she wanted to... soon after I slid the net under this girl who went 68cm and now features and his new PB. Took a few pics and let her swim away to fight another....

All fish today were talken on a 3' shrimp - 4lb braid / 8lb leader....cracking afternoon and glad we stuck with it after the wind turned up.

post-4925-127211205438_thumb.jpg

post-4925-12721120925_thumb.jpg

post-4925-127211217181_thumb.jpg

Away she swim's

post-4925-127211212609_thumb.jpg

Check out what she did to the hook...no idea how he stayed connected.

post-4925-127211225915_thumb.jpg

Thatt's a fantastic croc there PT and well done on getting th emini poddies out there. I took my 6yo out the front of ramsgate and Monterey tgoday with worms and a few poddis I caught. Very quiet except for a 33cm flounder that snavelled a poddy. I might give WB a go on Monday!

Well done PT on a great day on the water with the boys! :1yikes: Holy Moley - check out that hook!!! Jay did a terrific job bringing in that croc, knowing in hindsight, the state of hook!! :thumbup:

Well done Jay - congratulations on not panicking when she went on her blistering runs!

Roberta