Which Dolphin Fish Lure?

austral

hello all, we fished around the terrigal fad yesterday there were plenty of fish there but we only managed 1 on a livie while others trolled around for plenty of hookups.. we did a few laps with some 60gm raiders.

just wondering what you might suggest for trolling them up?? divers or skirts or metal??

thanks in advance..stevo :1fishing1:

Edited by austral

Thats strange they were taking lures over livies,I find dollies love 4 inch skirts either in pink or purple. Purple being the best, good luck.

Cheers Mike

thanks heaps mike.. :thumbup:

back to the tackle shop i go.haha :1prop:

thanks heaps mike.. :thumbup:

back to the tackle shop i go.haha :1prop:

Yeah mate, go the little pink and purple skirts... like the bullet head style... work a treat...

i also find that on the troll, if someone has a rod with soft plastics, and cast out the side of the boat they go them too.. so softs are always good..

• 4 weeks later...

The pink and purple skirts are a good choice in my opinion , but i would also run a different colour skirt , something that is fairly different blue yellow etc. and i would have a 4inch or 5 inch lure but also run a much larger lure ,[ 8 to 10 inch's] not only do they attrack the bigger fish but also act as a teaser to entice any fish in the area over for a look .

Good luck & tight lines,

Bubba.

Im also a fan of purples, most of our fish have come of the colour called "stripy" including some monsters. Anything from 5 inches to 9 inches for bigger fish will do the job.

This fish came on a stripy mouse in january this year :

post-192-127475789372_thumb.jpg

Im also a fan of purples, most of our fish have come of the colour called "stripy" including some monsters. Anything from 5 inches to 9 inches for bigger fish will do the job.

This fish came on a stripy mouse in january this year :

WOW!!! thats a monster of a dolly!! whereabouts was that caught?