Good Start On Hawkesbury

saad

Hi Guys,

Posting after a long time, went to hawkesbury river landbased and caught this good haul, there were plenty of baitfish around the pylons of mooney mooney and the jews were just playing with them. Was unlucky in not getting hooked with something huge as I was pretty sure they were around. Good to get amongst the jews again anyway!!!

Cheers,

SAAD.

post-7586-127220144626_thumb.jpg

Good effort on the jewfish Saad :thumbup: the Sydney side of the road bridge can fish very well in close from the start of the run out tide... you can get down there by making your way down the first cutting just up towards the bridge from the houseboat car park i.e take the first turn left before you get to Brooklyn Rd...this is one of those landbased spots where you're better off using big baits and not exposing the hooks too much.. I'd use a fixed sinker on the bottom of a two bait paternoster... It's a good jew spot in the day time but you can lose a helluva a lot of gear there in between fish, so make sure to fish fairly heavy and cast out as far out as you can to the right of where you're standing, leave that rod in a rod holder and use a hands on rod with a bobber float and cast up current...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Saad. I think I should take some credit aswell ... I kept all those eels and catfish away from your line by constantly hooking onto them !

Mate I wud appreciate those services everytime :)

Good effort on the jewfish Saad :thumbup: the Sydney side of the road bridge can fish very well in close from the start of the run out tide... you can get down there by making your way down the first cutting just up towards the bridge from the houseboat car park i.e take the first turn left before you get to Brooklyn Rd...this is one of those landbased spots where you're better off using big baits and not exposing the hooks too much.. I'd use a fixed sinker on the bottom of a two bait paternoster... It's a good jew spot in the day time but you can lose a helluva a lot of gear there in between fish, so make sure to fish fairly heavy and cast out as far out as you can to the right of where you're standing, leave that rod in a rod holder and use a hands on rod with a bobber float and cast up current...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thx byron, you told me all those tips 2 years ago for the road and rail bridge and everytime i hook onto a jew, I remember of those golden tips!