Moving 2 Sunshine Coast

rodd33

hi raiders the mrs mum passed away back in september, wasnt a good time 4 all, now we find out she has left the house 2 her in landsborough, very nice of her 2 do so, so looks like we r packing ow bags soon. We will be about 20 mins from caloundra/maroochydore, just wondering if any 1 knows of any good fishing spots up there, boat and land based, ive looked up the area on google earth, looks like heaven 4 fishing....ps any 1 know of any work in the area..lol :1fishing1: will be sad 2 leave here lived in the shire all my life, love fishing the hacking and botany.

Hi Rodd33

Wow!!! A lot of changes ahead of you! Sorry to hear of your Mum's passing - but what a terrific opportunity to move up to Qld & a new locality! I think you will really enjoy the Sunshine Coast - heaps of access to terrific Bass Fishing in the Dams that are dotted all around South Eastern Qld ...... you'll just love it!! Lots of terrific fishing in the rivers & sea - chat with Slinky & Jewhunter - they have been having a ball getting out & catching lots of species! Then there are the Barra Dams & rivers as well!!! Get a copy of the Bass & Barra Trail from Qld Tourism! It'll get you excited!

Plus, being Landsborough, you are just a hop skip & jump from Australia Zoo!!!

Unfortunately, I can't help with the work side of things - maybe check out Australia Zoo!?? THey have hundreds of staff!!

Cheerio & good luck with the move

Roberta

thx 4 your reply roberta, yes its exciting but scary , yes ive checked out some of the dams on line, dont know about wrestling crocs though, lol. I see they have some sarratoga dams up there, would be awsome 2 catch 1, as i have a coulple in tanks.

Edited by rodd33