Harbour Blackies

rickster

Talking to a fellow raider the other day and with the increase of both blackies and blackie fisherman in the harbour at the moment, maybe it's about time to have a very friendly competition. Suggesting possibly a sunday so those of us that actually work for a living, can use saturday chasing bait. Could fish individually or in pairs etc, have a close off around 1.00 to 1.30 to all meet at a central point (Glebe, Balmain or the like) for a chance put faces to names and have a yak and compare catches etc. :1fishing1:

Just a idea, those interested put in some thoughts.

Cheers,

Rickster

I will team up with Greg and you guys can start one day early instead of gathering bait so you have a chance 074.gif

Cheers Stewy

Now that's sounding like a bit of a challenge. Be great if we can a dozen or so fishos involved, I can hear the sledging already, AND THAT'S JUST COMING FROM ME!

This sounds like a fun filled day, count me in. So what is a blackie/blackfish and who wants to be my partner?:1prop:

Nah, I know what it is but haven't fished for them yet. This could be my chance at redemption from not catching anything worthy yet.

Dependant on how many players but it would be great to fish one area so multi-sledging is possible! :biggrin2:

We could set it up that each person gets 15mins at each position and rotate to make hot spots even along a wall.

Better start sit ups to get them stomach muscles ready for a day of laughter methinks!

A carpark friendly area for finish would be good too.

G

Dependant on how many players but it would be great to fish one area so multi-sledging is possible! :biggrin2:

We could set it up that each person gets 15mins at each position and rotate to make hot spots even along a wall.

Better start sit ups to get them stomach muscles ready for a day of laughter methinks!

G

I'm in, Clarkes Point has plenty of parking and lots of wall to fish.

Littledinghy

Sorry boys have to bail but i will be ther ein spirit though I can go have a crack at the monsters in the far north up aroun Bay of Islands or Northland!

Oh and the 15mins at each possie! your starting to sound like a pack of old English match fisherman drawing pegs! (Yawn!) Thats my attempt at a sledge, though i am sure some the floats you have stan out like the lighthouse at South Head the yride so high in the water! :1prop: Oh and the the sledge about all you part timers coming out of the blackfish closet every winter................!!!!

Have a good season lads :thumbup:

G

Not sure about 15 guys fishing one spot. Remember we wouldn't be the only ones there and could get mighty crowded plus if we get south winds it would be very hard to fish. I'd be more into fishing individual spots but in that sort of vicinity, mobile phones going crazy to check others progress and then happy to meet up at somewhere like Clarks Point to see how we all went. Then the friendly sledging can start. Maybe have a "lines up" at 1.00 pm to meet at 1.30pm etc. While the fish are about maybe we should look at in the next two to three sundays. Lets get organised. your suggestions please.

Rick

Not sure about 15 guys fishing one spot. Remember we wouldn't be the only ones there and could get mighty crowded plus if we get south winds it would be very hard to fish. I'd be more into fishing individual spots but in that sort of vicinity, mobile phones going crazy to check others progress and then happy to meet up at somewhere like Clarks Point to see how we all went. Then the friendly sledging can start. Maybe have a "lines up" at 1.00 pm to meet at 1.30pm etc. While the fish are about maybe we should look at in the next two to three sundays. Lets get organised. your suggestions please.

Rick

Sound like a good plan Rick......well its got my vote anyway! :thumbup: We've just got to come up with a suitable weekend.

OK Raiders, looks like we're getting enough interest to make it a fun day. Now the date, I've had a good look at the "long range" forecast (actually I had a quick look out my window) how's everyone suited for either the 16th or 23rd May? Lets get some feedback and make a decision.

Rick

Dammmit,in Fiji on the 16th and back to work on the 22nd.

Cheers Stewy

If you're unable to make it on the 23rd, then how about the following weekend, sunday the 30th. I know it said it's not too late to back out but flying all the way to Fiji!!!! :flying: That's taking it a bit far don't ya think.

Sledging - what sledging????

Stewy, you'd better learn to collect sand and make burley - dont think I've ever seen you do that before!!! :074:

He collected sand n made burley :) im a witness!