Trailer Lights

Guest MarkD

Howya Fella''s

Spent a couple of hours on Saturday prepping my boat for a move from our old place to the new. Gave it a scrub and a general tidy up. Bought a new travel strap and winch in Whitworths...got back to the boat and realised that some scumbag had pinched my adaptor for the trailer lights (flat to round) :-mad2 :-mad2

So back to whitworths and bought a new adaptor, only $15 but buying something for the second time really didnt sit well...Got back to the boat and hooked everything up and tested the lights...not a dicky bird!! Very frustrating. Checked the connections and everything looked OK. I hadnt used the lights since buying the boat as we had a ramp in the garden of the old place, so they have never been submerged as you can easily take them on and off..

Upshot is that it looks like next weekend will be spent trying to fix or replacing the lights. and therefore another weekend off the water :-mad2 :-mad2

As I have (very) limited technical and electrical skills I was hoping if the ever reliable FR''s migt be able to offer some advice?? Im thinking that I first have to establish if theres any power coming from the 4WD...???

Thanks in advance

Mark

Fishn,

Thanks for the tip

Pedro,

The boat is in Drummoyne.

Cheers

Mark

Bugger - bit far from me. Maybe a closer member can run a test light over it. At worse - you can pop out to my place & I can show you how to test. These things are actually quite simple to wire up - considering I am not a technical person :D If I can do it it must be simple :P

Whenever I have problems with my trailer lights its always been loose wires in the trailer plug. Might be worth pulling the plug apart and seeing if any of the connections aren''t good.

If you take your car to an auto eclect they can test the car''s wiring, they didn''t charge me (only takes a sec) but I am not sure if thats standard or not.

Guest Jocool

Mate...Try this LINK! It shows the wiring plug socket number and the corresponding wire colour for each wire. All you need to do is know how to use a test light which you can get for about $5 from Supa Cheap or some such place!