Jewfish

hayden_229

Hi Hayden it's a good idea to use a variety of fish baits in the Georges and especially include the live bait that are running at the time..if you are fishing in the proximity of bridge pylons for example make sure to use a lot of burley on both stillwater periods to bring whatever fish or bait fish that might be around out in the open and fish under the jew rods for the baitfish that are running on the day...

Don't be afraid to use a couple of slow release bottom burley containers in deepwater if the current is fast.. there's hardly any current pull down deep, and fish will travel to the source of the burley anyway...if the current is fast, the line drags your sinker along and the rod tip bends and stays bent when the sinker settles, so you need to watch the movement at your rod tips to monitor the bait situation but be sure to fish heavy enough....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Fished pretty hard for them in the cooler months last year with Musty in the georges mate and the things that worked for us were soft plastic lures during the day and squid and fish baits bait at night.

Forget about heavy gear, massive sinkers,massive rods and 6000 series reels.

95% of the fish that are in the system at that time of the year are between 40-85cm, you may aswell fish for what is there and have fun then to sit there fishless for many outings waiting for a beast to come and play.

2-5kg flick stick,4KG Braid and 10lb leader on a 2500 series reel while using lures will just about tame anything you come into contact with. GOOD SMOOTH DRAG IS A MUST!!!

Bait fishing at night go a bit heavier especially around structure 5-10 kg outfit would be fine, Tighten up drag because they hit baits with speed and usually hook themselves.

Midweek is the go, forget about the weekends unless the weather is shocking and no one is silly enough to fish.

Overcast days were the better fishing days and must have current flow, run in or out seemed to to have same results.

Most fish taken were between Como bridge and M5 Bridge.

Holes,bridges,drop offs and even a bends in the river all hold fish at certain times.

And last of all do yourself a favour and put an electric on your boat, if you wont to catch them on a regular basis on lures it is a must.

Good luck

Mick

Hi mate.

Just recently got my hands on some 5" Jerk Shad which glow in the dark.

Will be looking to try them out myself, in the next couple of weeks, in the Georges (probably around como)

Cheers.

Hi mate.

Just recently got my hands on some 5" Jerk Shad which glow in the dark.

Will be looking to try them out myself, in the next couple of weeks, in the Georges (probably around como)

Cheers.

[/quo

you should come out fishing with me next weekend