Abu Baitcaster Maintenance

G'day Bertrand,

Unless you know someone who will do it for you free, send it straight to the Australian distributors... their service is very very good.

The contact name is John Bell... I've PM'd you their details.

By the way, what sort of reel is it? Is there something in particular that's wrong with it or does it just need a general service?

Cheers, Slinky

thanks slinky for your help and i have already sent an email to john.

i had the reel for 15yrs now and it hasn't been servived ever. the drag is a bit sticky and the the reel is not as smooth as it use to be.

cheers

bertrand

Sounds like one of my ABU's!! :074:

I think we should start "Slinky's Reel Servicing" as a business!

He does a terrific overhaul.

I'm sure if you get the job done by his recommendation it will be good & last you ages.

Cheers,

Grant.

Definitely get in touch with John. The other thing I'd suggest that makes a huge difference to the drag performance of most ABU reels is to get a drag upgrade kit... a set of Carbontex washers is very cheap. Most of the ABU baitcasters come with Carbon washers standard nowadays.

Cheers, Slinky

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Bertrand,

Unless you know someone who will do it for you free, send it straight to the Australian distributors... their service is very very good.

The contact name is John Bell... I've PM'd you their details.

By the way, what sort of reel is it? Is there something in particular that's wrong with it or does it just need a general service?

Cheers, Slinky

hi slinky

i need one of my abu 5600c3 serviced as well!

i have pulled it out and replaced carbontext drag washers etc but i cant seem to get the casting distance i used to... i have removed excess grease etc but it is still not as good as when i first had it.

the drag is way better but thats about it!

i love these little things that casts for miles but it needs a good service... can you pm me John's details?

thanks