Bass Point

Victor78

thanks for the info mate...well try that next time we go to bass pt...regards

unfortunately it will be reopened, with the amount of rubbish ,human waste and total neglect for this spot that some (people who access this forum I would say are not who I'm complaining about) show it would be better left closed. It is typical of most popular easily accessible fishing spots that they end up looking and smelling like a local garbage dump. Please if you fish any of these places take your rubbish home, clean your fish down close enough to the edge so the blood and waste will be washed in and offer advise and educate those who are ignorant in their ways, regards Stu.

unfortunately it will be reopened, with the amount of rubbish ,human waste and total neglect for this spot that some (people who access this forum I would say are not who I'm complaining about) show it would be better left closed. It is typical of most popular easily accessible fishing spots that they end up looking and smelling like a local garbage dump. Please if you fish any of these places take your rubbish home, clean your fish down close enough to the edge so the blood and waste will be washed in and offer advise and educate those who are ignorant in their ways, regards Stu.

Yea your right the place gets disgusting at times. It should remain closed and force ppl to walk all the way in then only die hard fishos who respect nature will fish it and it will remain clean and tidy.

I just been getting salmon, bream and garfish down there lately off the breakwall at the quarry pier just berfore the gates its a snag free fishing spot

That is a top little spot Victor. A fine bread berely and peeled prawns is the go for that spot for sure.

And you normally can get the place to yourself.

That's a shame if people are abusing Bass Pt though. The fishing around there is awesome. The drummer fishing in the winter months is great. Not only that, the area itself is amazing.

gav