What Jerks!

:-mad2 :-mad2 :-mad2 -In the local rag there was an small add for 3 meetings to be held 1-at Byron Bay-2-at Lennox Head and 3-at Ballina--for anyone to have their chance to comment on the proposed marine park up this way-from Byron Bay down to and including Lennox Head-the one for Lennox was stated to be held at the local surf club from 10am to 2-00pm on saturday.-I spoke to a lot of locals who were going to go and say their bit on the park.-I went up to the surf club at 10-00am-sniffed around the joint till 10-30am-----saw nothing happenning-others come and went----so I buggered off as well-----last night I spoke to another local (with two others)who actually found the meeting-------Ha-what a joke-1 guy sitting behind a desk---BEHIND A CLOSED DOOR in the upstairs part of the club-----my point------THERE WAS NO SIGHNAGE AT ALL ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND TO INDICATE ANYTHING WAS GOING ON------this morning around town a lot of locals are really pissed off (along with you know who)as they also cound not find the meeting-------sounds like the beaurocrats are just playing politics with this major subdject to me and don''t really care what the real locals views are--------I BET WE ALL CAN SEE PLENTY OF SIGHNS AROUND WHEN WE ALL HAVE TO VOTE IN A FEW WEEKS TIME!!!!!!!! :uzi: :uzi:

Sounds like Std practice. Now they can say they consulted widely amongst the local community. Other tricks they use is inconvenient timings( mid day mid week) short notice advertising. seperating user groups to get biased opinion weightings.

Dont let them pull these crappy little stunts next time. Flush the B****stds out and make sure the other meetings are well attended bring your own signs and sticky tape along to the next one if you have to