The Entrance & Oberon

Joco

THE ENTRANCE 1-4-2010

I took a few friends of mine to show them how to fish using soft plastics and hard bodied lures....

After 2 hrs they all gave up and wanted to go home.... Typical!!!!

By the way, i caught ALL the catch, even though they were using the same rods, line, lures etc....

Not bad for a 2 hr session...

010420103.jpg

THE ENTRANCE 21-4-2010 (Before the long weekend)

Long Weekend was around the corner, so instead of buying fish for the tribe, why not go and catch some...

Promising a mate of mine to take him fishing, i once again found myself at the Entrance, teaching a Rookie how to fish using soft plastics and hard bodied lures...

It was so funny watching begginers, and i kept on asking myself the same question, "was i that bad?"

During my demonstration he was very happy and glad to land x2 good flatties.... He was surprised that fish can be caught without using "prawms"

Once i left his side, i managed to pick up the rest.... Catching, releasing, missing strikes, being bitten off, left right and center...

He failed to catch another fish and due to his frustration, we left after 4hrs of fishing....

Flatties around the 40cm mark...

210420101.jpg

Estuary Perch ranging from 34-37cm

210420106.jpg

Oberon 24-4-2010

My brother and i decided to take our dad to Oberone, for a hike along the stream to catch a few trout, catch dinner, exercise and loose a bit of our excess luggage in time for the snow season...

Caught over 20+ trout but only kept x3 as the rest were under size :( but still a fun day out...

fishriver1.jpg

fishriver12.jpg

fishriver13.jpg

fishriver17.jpg

Awesome catch mate!!

Arent those trout something else! I caught my first brown last weekend on a small hook and a grasshopper i caught with my bare hands!! I dont know what was more fun, acting like a 7 year old again catching the grasshopper or catching the brown!

Awesome lure fishing Joco...One would think that results like these in both saltwater and freshwater using only artificial baits would have attracted at least twenty replies by now. I'm sure our members are still in awe of these outstanding ongoing results and the photos alone certainly tell the story well...

Well done Joco :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

@ Floating_Medic - HAHHAHAHAHA, :biggrin2: I actually do the same thing (catch a grasshopper :thumbup: ) when lures fail to catch me a trout.....

@ jewgaffer - Thanks for the response, I love all sorts of fishing as long as I am out of the house :1fishing1: NOW that I am not working full time, i am making an effort to enjoy life a bit more and go fishing (where ever it may take me), so if anyone out there needs a fellow fishing buddy, I’m up for it :beersmile: ....

@ bloopin - Its private property mainly farmers, but many fisherman and campers go either way...... Sometimes, depending where we go, we have to call the owner so he can grant us access (don’t want him releasing those HUGE dogs on us)..... BUT majority of the time, as long as you don’t leave any rubbish, don’t destroy the environment and don’t harass the stock all is well.... By the way keep an eye out on brown and red bellied snakes, my friend and I had several close encounters where we nearly stepped on some and one started chasing us :ranting2: (ONLY in Australia will a snake chase a human) …

• 1 month later...

i thought it was a closed season on EP'S :wacko:

As Leo has pointed out it is closed season and when caught must be released.

But if you take a look at the date of this post these were caught back in May.

Please be mindful of the SITE RULES when posting your replies.