Storage For Plastics

Jaso

I don't have as many plastics as some who post here.. but my collection has grown significantly lately. It's a bit disorganised.

Im looking to organise myself a bit better, Im wondering are they ok to store in the seperate compartments of the plano storage boxes?

This is for use on a boat really.. i have portable carrying packs for when I am on foot

What do others do?

:biggrin2:

Yep, my favourite bream plastics and jigs are in a clear flat plano box. I can put it into my larger plano box when I'm on the water or take out and put into a back-pack when I'm shore based.

All plano boxes are worm proof and tough as - so you're OK there too!

Cheers,

I use the big waterproof Plano boxes for my packets of plastics, I can never remember the model number of the ones I use.

Always keep the plastics in the original packets.

43962[/snapback]

i would of thought that all your lures and sp's would be in a box trailer that you tow around everywhere you go :1naughty::1prop:

Hi Swoff,

I keep my stash in a draw in their packets but then transfer them to the box when I run low, normally the night before a trip. What I don't use that day stays in the box.

I just like everyting in it's place where I can see it so I'm not searching around for packets.

Of course, each to their own. Just what I do right or wrong. :1prop:

Cheers,

I use plastic compatment boxes you can pick up from Woolworhts for abot $1.50.

44008[/snapback]

Yep, I've got some of those as well. I found however that smaller items get stuck under the lid between the compartment dividers sometimes and make a bit of a mess when you open them :thumbdown:

I think from memory that's why I went and bought Plano ones as the lids fit tight against the dividers stopping that problem. :thumbup:

As i do a lot of fishing by myself i have a back pack that i use to carry everything.I have plano trays i carry in it,with 1or2 rigged plastics of each type. I have sections of sp's rigged on different weight jig heads.I than just keep the rest in the original packets in the front pocket of my backpack. :1fishing1::1fishing1:

Thanks all.. Im heading to the US for work in a week - thinking of making a trip to the nearest bass pro (2hrs away). Looking at something like this - potentially will solve my probs..

Link to basspro soft tackle box

Whats the difference between the 360 and 370 size trays? I noticed you can get all manner of configurations on those tray boxes - are there specific ones that people have found easier for SPs? Cheers.