Botany Fad

Little Hooker

Gday fellow fisho,

Dangas and I decided to hit the water on wednesday abit later then normally due to the unpredictable weather :1badmood: The forcast was a shower or 2 but been hangin to test out my new furuno sounder and boy it didnt disappoint. This unit is amazing :thumbup:.

Heading over to the 3rd runway to find some livies and they were showing on the sounder and even see some surface action but they werent takin baitjigs or lures. After wasting hrs we finally found them and manage around 15 for the well. Slowly made our way out to the botany fads, arrive there at 430 and with not my light left we did a troll pass with a double up of dollies. Landed 1 lost the other didnt have time to measure but over 70cm. Did a few more pass for throw backs, did a few drifts pass with every yakka got a hook up. With in 1 hr all our yakkas were gone! Pilles were gettin smashed too. End of a quick session landed 4 legal and a good 10 underszie. Headed back to the ramp in the darker then i would like it to be but all good with some actioin!

post-6068-127431516999_thumb.jpg

The clarity and detail of the sounder was awesome. Just need to figure out how to use all the features properly. Im sure we didnt even touch the surface of its capabilities yesterday.

Im sure there were more keepers in the bunch we caught if you were measuring from nose to tailtip instead of nose to fork.

i should of added the weather turned out fine! sun shine beaming on our backs when heading to the fads. Fishing these dollies on light gear sure was fun.... all you hear is the drag screaming away in short bursts. :biggrin2:

so you Dragged the sun out with and left us with the rain :1badmood:

Good to hear you had good weather :thumbup: