Help And Tips For Como Bridge Area

Yarraone

I am making the trip down for the long weekend thinking of fishing Como bridge area for a Jewie or any good Bream..

Just after some tips and help whith what area, bait etc as I dont know that area well and have never fished there..

I will be there during the day to evening. then I will be heading to the hawksberry for the rest of the weekend to get amounst the hairtail i hope

I am making the trip down for the long weekend thinking of fishing Como bridge area for a Jewie or any good Bream..

Just after some tips and help whith what area, bait etc as I dont know that area well and have never fished there..

I will be there during the day to evening. then I will be heading to the hawksberry for the rest of the weekend to get amounst the hairtail i hope

gday mate , just upstream of the bridge there is a channel on your starboard side heading upstream. fish the edge of the channel just past the red pole and use good quality squid and you should be half a chance of getting a jew. The current is usually influenced by the georges and the worranorra(not sure of the spelling)here and can eddy a little on the run in tide. good luck and let me know how you go

pete.

Guest rzep

Thanks guys .. could anyone suggest a good ramp close to como? I have a 4.7m fiberglass monmark

I would use the ramp at Oatley Bay.

Nice and close for you :)

:P

Edited by rzep

G'day,

Mate if your serious about getting a jew get out there for the rising high tide at night over thenext few days.

You really need freshly caught squid or live squid. Other baits will work but squid is No:1. I would also chuck out a live yakka and or a yakka fillet but must be just dead. I am a big fan of having a live yakka out. My theory is fish will come in and have a look, take it or more often take a bait on another rod.

Good luck.