Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished off Lilli Pilli in the deep again. 1 jewie about 50cm, released, 2 tailor, 38 and 50cm, 2 good fillets off the bigger one, and a just legal trevally. Little reddies about but none over legal size. The water has a bit of colour after the rain, should have been a couple of bigger reddies about, but not today.

Had one good hit but the line parted soon after, could not pick what it was. Also had something else on a little while later, then the weight dropped off and I landed a reddie about 25cm. No marks on the reddie, but something grabbed him for a short time.

Yowie.

good work mate. didnt get the chance to get out this weekend, decided with all the rain to clock up some time with the misses... you must be sitting on a decent jewie spot yowie, you seem to be landing them every now and then.

G'day Yowie.

i fish out of a little tinny in the hacking and just getting more into it lately ,

i picked up salmon round about the 60cm mark yesterday just outside northwest arm.

never caught one in the hacking before and it was good fun. are they common only this time of year?

Cheers

Morgan

MRGS,

i went for a few weekends around september last year where i was catching a couple of salmon every fishing trip around the area you were fishing. They seemed to have disappeared around summer, though i did catch by first salmon of the year 2 weekends ago, so they might be coming back into the river.

G'day Yowie.

i fish out of a little tinny in the hacking and just getting more into it lately ,

i picked up salmon round about the 60cm mark yesterday just outside northwest arm.

never caught one in the hacking before and it was good fun. are they common only this time of year?

Cheers

Morgan

Caught my first one for the season last week, can be around until September/October, usually catch mine from the deep water from Lilli Pilli upwards and also up South West Arm. Good fun on 6 pound line, some times they will take baits from the bottom when fishing for reddies, bream, jewies, etc.

Yowie.